Pain

• Does anyone get any pain with their joint cracking - shooting pains with muscles around the joint etc?

Or is it just all cracking and no pain? lolol

• Never painful. You should go to a doctor if its causing you pain, there would be another problem.

• Nope. I just feel stiff and that almost feels painful when i dont crack. Like today, every joint in my body has felt terrible. And now that i've been cracking my fingers, they've swelled up on me so i can't make a fist comfortably without feeling like they're… hard. so to say.
    i dont know how else to describe them.
    chalky. they actually make my hands feel like i was playing in chalk, which ironically, i was, but thats not it. i guess its just the stiff feeling it makes them feel gross.

but yes. i haven't actually felt pain, yet. however, i have a feeling if i keep this up, i will, because im only eighteen as it is now!

• Don't be afraid
    Stretch to crack!
    I've been Cracking for years , probably more than 20
    NO PAIN!

• Never used to feel pain, but I broke my right ankle last year & now I feel pain when I crack the toes on that foot. The ankle itself no longer cracks because of the steel implants.

• yeah various joints..osteoarthritis and fractures, now hypermobility. Went through therapy etc…even shots in the back before the last therapy. No go..greatest release I got from that pain is a chiropractor that doesn't crack your back. They have different ways of putting joints back where they belong without the cracking. Cracking releases the pressure then causes more inflamation. If you have any type of arthritis this is very bad..roflol..don't do it if possible. It will do so on its own.

Epson or dead sea salt soaks up to three times daily for twenty minutes helps with the pain, etc..as well as different topicals etc..MSM, chondrontrin, and Glucosamine help a lot of others but not all. There are so many things you can try to help. Just depends on what your open to.

Topicals that can help range below I have tried:

Tiger Balm - mild arthritis pain

Capiscum- mild to moderate pain

024 pain reliever by swiss medica- moderate to severe pain

Mommy's liniment - good product- moderate pain

a lot of these linaments/ointments are essential oils, herbs that are strong so if you have an allergy be careful what you use. Make sure you wash your hands afterwards before touching your face. Or use gloves..

Do I know it all rofl..oh heck no but have been working with my own since.1998 and these are my trials and errors I learned from.

• I definitely get pain. To me the pain that hurts the most is when I attempt to crack but fail. The mental and physical stress of a failed pop makes me feel uncomfortable until I get a good crack. At times it has taken me hours to get the crack I need on the joint I need and then I am so sore from all the strain I put on my muscles. I think you should take Midnightwolf's advice, he sound wise and sincere about this topic. Hope you get out of pain.

• I find that (minor) pain comes from NOT cracking. :roll:

• bad cracks good cracks, the cracks that don't grind seem to actually be good.

• When I used salmon oil to reduce my back pain, the resulted problem was far, far worse then when it had started. Since then I haven't used anti-inflammatories just out of fear of waking up and not being able to move. I think the pain is somewhat helpful unless its overwhelming, then other things like drugs might be necessary. Just this past week I had some excessive neck pain and a period of about two and a half days of constant dizziness. It was starting to worry me but then after a bunch of cracking the dizziness went away and my neck wasn't quite as sore.

• @calciumphosphate:

When I used salmon oil to reduce my back pain, the resulted problem was far, far worse then when it had started. Since then I haven't used anti-inflammatories just out of fear of waking up and not being able to move. I think the pain is somewhat helpful unless its overwhelming, then other things like drugs might be necessary. Just this past week I had some excessive neck pain and a period of about two and a half days of constant dizziness. It was starting to worry me but then after a bunch of cracking the dizziness went away and my neck wasn't quite as sore.

so what exactly did salmon oil do to you?