Involuntary toe clicking driving me mad!!!

• Well train yourself to ignore it i guess - a cough doesn't stop someone after they learn to blank it.

• It sounds like being easily distracted in general. Some people call it ADD. Consuming whole foods as they are found in nature and avoid processed foods from a factory make it easier for your brain to feel clear and able to handle distractions. Regular exercise helps too. Mostly practice. Meditation/prayer/whatever you want to call it is good practice for focusing and maintaining concentration. Start with just one minute and slowly build up. You can google "meditation" or "whole foods" for more information on these things.

That's my free, unprofessional advice. I won't be offended if you don't use it.

• no jpad thats good advice and sounds right aswell. i might try and exercise. however its hard enough to get motivated without knowing that my toe will constantly click throughout it! (if i get on the treadmill) i might bandage it then or whatever, exercise sounds as if it could help me stop getting annoyed by it.
    and exercise releases a lot of cracking tension in my back, its like a huge crack 😎

• just out of interest, have you meditated?

• Yes, I have. I have two young kids and my days are pretty crazy and sometimes very stressful. Meditation is time just for myself.

• Cool - what time of day do you find is best? I googled meditation and they say whatever is best for you, but I was wondering what is best for beginners?

• I like mornings before the kids wake up. I think it's a personal thing. I'm sure our lives are very different, so my answer to that question might not be the same as yours.

• Haha i dont have kids so i guess i have that extra luxury 😎

• Any time is a good time for meditating.
    focusing the mind without being distracted is advanced meditation.
    ADD is real, BuT so is the fact that the mind/ego really never stops rambling (sometimes called puppy mind, because it runs around like a puppy without a leash never stopping) unless you stop it with meditation, awareness, and focus.( put a leash on the puppy and tie it up).
    There are Many types of meditation!

bod 8 , single point meditation, is a form of meditation that helps build concentration without distraction. It takes time and can be improved throughout a lifetime.
    The idea is to bring all focus , awareness, and thought to a single point or image or symbol so that all faculties are being used, consciously, to think/concentrate about this point. Meanwhile stopping any other thought of ANYTHING, let alone a crack, from entering the mind as a thought oe distracting your focus. This is very challenging. Maybe even more challenging than the final level of MechAssault 2. Lol. Everything on One point. This can free you from the chains of thought also( for a while anyway), let alone build concentration.

This link is heavier than an elephant.

http://www.swamij.com/types-stages-meditation.htm

• I am an insomniac - pretty sure so i am used to being up early when the rest of the house are asleep.

• @MasterCracker:

Any time is a good time for meditating.
    focusing the mind without being distracted is advanced meditation.
    ADD is real, BuT so is the fact that the mind/ego really never stops rambling (sometimes called puppy mind, because it runs around like a puppy without a leash never stopping) unless you stop it with meditation, awareness, and focus.( put a leash on the puppy and tie it up).
    There are Many types of meditation!

bod 8 , single point meditation, is a form of meditation that helps build concentration without distraction. It takes time and can be improved throughout a lifetime.
    The idea is to bring all focus , awareness, and thought to a single point or image or symbol so that all faculties are being used, consciously, to think/concentrate about this point. Meanwhile stopping any other thought of ANYTHING, let alone a crack, from entering the mind as a thought oe distracting your focus. This is very challenging. Maybe even more challenging than the final level of MechAssault 2. Lol. Everything on One point. This can free you from the chains of thought also( for a while anyway), let alone build concentration.

This link is heavier than an elephant.

http://www.swamij.com/types-stages-meditation.htm

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a read 😎

• MC - they say with meditating - well at least the most stereotyped view of it is with legs crossed over eachother in a lotus position which actually hurts a lot and makes my back sore.

• yeah good point blaze 😎

• I do my research 😉

• hehe 😎

• A lot