Relaunch celebrating our 10th anniversary

• Community Lead

Hard to believe, this January we are celebrating our 10th anniversary! 😄

Over the holiday season, I have investigated our upgrade options to move forward. I have finally settled on a very new and exciting platform!

Thank you for participating in the polls. I heard you!

I have shuffled a few things around to ease migration to this upcoming, much more modern bulletin board system.

The critical migration blockers are already out of the way. There are of course still a number of todos, which will probably take a few weeks. I will work on this as time permits.

• Community Lead

Quick update:
    Data migration was finally successful today. I now "only" need to configure the new software and install it on our new host.
    If all goes really well, the relaunch might happen as early as this weekend.

Please refrain from posting until we have relaunched, or your post will likely be lost.

• Community Lead

Finally, the relaunch is here! 😄

Here is what you need to know as a returning fellow joint cracker:

• Please do request a new password by entering your email in Forgot Password?
    • All accounts with zero posts have been dropped. If you have been dropped, please register again!
    • We are finally mobile friendly
    • All topics, posts and signatures are migrated
    • All private messages are migrated into the chat system
    • All old polls are turned into images, new polls do not work just yet
    • Posts are now written in Markdown syntax instead of BBCode
    • Avatars were not migrated. If you like, please do upload a new 128x128 profile image in your profile settings
    • SPAM protection is much more modern
    • We are now using SSL encryption for better privacy and security
    • Much better SEO properties. The old phpbb software created tons of duplicate links which will take a while for the search engine crawlers to unlearn
    • In any case let me know what you think! What is great, what is bad, what do you miss?