Remember when?

• I remember a time when I could crack my main joint in my index fingers, but now I can't… Now my index fingers always feel weird.

I also remember a time when I could not crack my neck, but now I can, and it's one of the first things I do in the morning. I always feel better now.

Please share your story!

• Community Lead

Yes, sometimes joints I crack easily and accidently don't crack at all under movements they normally do crack. So far I have failed to make a connection why this sometimes happens. I have long suspected a connection to my diet, maybe you can take control by the intake of supplements?

• Thank you JointCracker!

I have heard that about nutrition also. I also think there may be a colorization between what muscles you use and the joints cracking. I don't know… Thank you for helping me brainstorm!

• Community Lead

@Happy:

I have heard that about nutrition also. I also think there may be a colorization between what muscles you use and the joints cracking. I don't know… Thank you for helping me brainstorm!

There definitely is a correlation between exercise and cracking, see the Yoga thread. For example after a good jogging exercise my need to crack my ankles is clearly much less than before the run. And I don't constantly "click" during the run either.

• I have noticed that my distals (sp?) are more prone to clicking than cracking in cold weather… Warm weather seams to almost void all distal and mid joint cracking...

• Community Lead

@Happy:

I have noticed that my distals (sp?) are more prone to clicking than cracking in cold weather… Warm weather seams to almost void all distal and mid joint cracking...

By distal joints you probably mean the terminal limb bones located at the tip of the digits (i.e. fingers and toes)? Quite advanced joint lingua! Yes warmth clearly has a positive effect on joints. Come to think of it I don't think I do ever (or very rarely) crack my distal finger joints, I only crack my metacarpals.