Has it got worse?

• Hey guys,

So this is kind of an introduction but mainly I have a question for you all.

I am a 26 year old guy and I have always cracked a little bit when I stretch but nothing I would consider out of the ordinary - until about 6 months ago.

About 6 months ago I noticed I kept cracking my fingers and my neck and I did not feel comfortable unless I did it on a regular basis. Over the next couple of months the need to crack spread to my back and wrists and about a month ago I have started cracking my feet and ankles.

I dont think the need to crack my fingers has been getting worse - but that could be because I am distracted by my neck, but I am worried more and more of my joints are starting to need to crack.

I have been to several doctors but they do not take me seriously and tests for arthritis have been negative.

Apologies if this question has been asked before - but have you found your cracking has got noticeably worse/better over time?

• Don't worry about it. Most of the discomfort is because you are thinking about it. Your body is getting used to being cracked all the time so it "wants" it more now. You'll find a balance. Most of it is remembering that nothing is wrong. I went through it when I started cracking too. And I go through it everytime a find a new joint to crack. Most recently it was the top joint in my thumb. It wanted to be cracked ALL the time. Now, I don't really think about it and I thus crack it whenever I get around to it.

• Excellent, I hope you are right. Thanks for your reply.

One more question - how long have you been cracking for? Is it something that stays with you for a lifetime?