Any of you cronic crackers suffer from other disorders?

• I am obssed with cracking joints but also Trichotillomania,pulling out hair.

• what joints can you crack?
    and no i dont pull out my hair.

• I don't suffer from any tick disorders. I do have high anxiety and suffer from depression. Whether or not that is related to my cracking habits, I am not entirely sure. I would say that at least a small portion is due to nervous habits. But definitely of the majority is due to pain, tension and the inability to breathe or decreased range in motion.

• @tinnamariee:

I don't suffer from any tick disorders. I do have high anxiety and suffer from depression. Whether or not that is related to my cracking habits, I am not entirely sure. I would say that at least a small portion is due to nervous habits. But definitely of the majority is due to pain, tension and the inability to breathe or decreased range in motion.

I also have high anxiety and suffer from depression, which I believe is why I worry too much when my neck clicks, about when the bully punched me.
    I was on citalopram for my depression but am slowly coming off it now.
    You?

• I started with lexapro but didn't like it then went to zoloft but had too many side effects so now I'm on paroxetine or paxil is the brand name.

• for the people on depressants - get a significant amount of exercise.

• @BigFire:

for the people on depressants - get a significant amount of exercise.

How often?

I have a gym membership til June but its so boring… help me make a gym routine?

• just ask them for a routine.

Do light weights and many repetitions.

• I know exercise is an upper for people who suffer from depression but, in my particular lifestyle, it is unrealistic. Therapy and medications is my current treatment and I'm ok with that.

• what is your current lifestyle that precludes working out?

• I dont think they will give you a routine unless you get a personal trainer, which is too expensive.
    Plus I always go, and then get bored, and never go again 8O

Are you SURE it makes you feel better, because for me it only gives me an endorphin rush for 20-30 minutes after, then I go back to my usual mood again

• You can't always go and then never go…

Just do it as Nike says.

• I am a graduate student with a full case load of clients (therapist in training).

• @tinnamariee:

I am a graduate student with a full case load of clients (therapist in training).

What kind of therapist in training are you?

• mental health therapist

• @tinnamariee:

mental health therapist

oh cool.
    what do you know about CBT?

because thats what im getting, i've had 9 sessions so far and:

it seems to be going ok. i get things off my chest, and have a set time each week to do so, which i like.
    HOWEVER, as for ways to actually move forward and overcome the clicking annoying me, we havent really made too much progress :roll:

• I know a lot about CBT and other various therapy methods. Way too much information to be posted here though.

• @tinnamariee:

I know a lot about CBT and other various therapy methods. Way too much information to be posted here though.

go on, please!
    suggest what i should think about when my neck clicks - my therapist has said think of something happy but it just seems impossible to me.

come on, please, you could help to change my life.

• and also first thing in the morning neck click is the worst, because i have no control whatsoever over that (how i wake up, what position i wake up in etc)