Massages

• Has anyone who has back cracks and pains tried having a back massage?
    Does it help?

• For me a massage isn't really related to any type of 'cracking/popping.' Im sure there are probably massage therapists who can do such things, but the only massages I have had really focused more on the muscles of the back. They do work out a lot of 'knots,' tension, and stress. I definately recommend a massage if you've never experienced it before. Afterward you feel much lighter, and loose. 😉

• I can literally crack every 'bone' in my body, my toes (including the big toe), ankles, knees, spine/back, shoulders, neck, elbow, wrist, fingers. It gives me pain-relief for a few minutes, and then I have to wait (re-load!) until I can crack again… although my fingers (hands) and toes (feet) can crack all of the time.

Not sure whether I should go to a chiropractor or osteopath :?:
    Or continue cracking myself :?:

• Hmm I'm not really one to give advice Bertie - i[m in the same situation as you lol.

Anyway, just out of interest, when did you start being able to crack your back/spine/neck?

Mine was after a bad injury, but people tell me its also a part of growing up, though I can never know what was "meant" to happen with my body because of this injury :?

• Massage Rules! Cracks or Not.
    It can Definitely instigate cracking!
    This depends on the modality of course
    you have better chances at cracking receiving Shiatsu or Thai massage
    Than Swedish or Deep Tissue for instance
    And yes it feels just as good getting cracked by someone else
    I even enjoy cracking other people using Thai massage , all though thats not the point or goal of Thai massage it tends to happen
    One of the best Cracks I've ever had was by a little older Thai lady
    Some sort of spinal twist that got like 9 vertebrae at once
    beautiful

• I've always wanted to try Thai Massage, but I'm not sure there are many people in my area that do it. For now ill have to settle for cracking my back myself.

http://www.thaioasis.com/media/ananda thaimassage_400x351.jpg

That would be awesome.

• Community Lead

@MasterCracker:

Massage Rules! […]
    It can Definitely instigate cracking! This depends on the modality of course
    you have better chances at cracking receiving Shiatsu or Thai massage
    Than Swedish or Deep Tissue for instance
    […]
    One of the best Cracks I've ever had was by a little older Thai lady
    Some sort of spinal twist that got like 9 vertebrae at once
    beautiful

I can wholeheartedly confirm that massages by Thai masseurs can intentionally induce cracks. The modality of the massage does not matter that much, the masseuse matters most!

I have the luxury of spending a few weeks in Thailand. In pretty much all full body Thai massages I have had, both finger and toe knuckles were explicitly cracked by pulling. The cracking procedure was clearly purposeful: It was repeated for each knuckle when necessary.

Today, I had a really unexpected massage which inclined me to post about it. I booked a one hour Swedish oil massage with an 40ish year old Thai lady. I'm pretty sure Swedish oil massages usually do not include purposeful cracking of your joints. But oh this one did!
    My Thai lady did not only crack my finger and toe knuckles deliberately, she also cracked my neck by twisting both ways, my upper spine with my fingers interlocked behind my head and my lower and middle spine with a sophisticated spinal twist, again both ways. Each time I let go a series of loud cracks. I lost count how many vertebrae she cracked, it felt as if she got all of them. She wasn't surprised about my finger and toe knuckle crack sounds, but each spinal crack she was pretty shocked at the effect her procedure had on me, asking me each time if I was okay. I was.

She seemed very experienced, I felt really good after her "Swedish oil" message. 😛

Massages are very affordable in Thailand, so you will want to receive one pretty much every chance you get. While the full crack treatment feels very nice, I don't want this every day..
    So for future full body massages by Thai masseuses (irregardless of full body massage modality) I might explicitly ask them to refrain from cracking all my joints, especially my neck. :roll: