Mis-alignment of the spine

• Could this be a cause of back pain/cracking?

• Absolutely not. Back cracking is the sound of cavitation in the synovial fluid of joint capsules.

Mis-alignment of the spine would be a very painful condition, as it would involve some for on dislocation. Either that or it would be similar to scoliosis, again a major condition.

The term 'mis-alignment' gets thrown around a lot by chiropractors and other therapists who do not use good science, but in reality, most people do not have a misaligned spine. If they did they would not be able to walk.

• Ah ok, cool.

Any idea why some people have cracking worse than others?

• yoru actually incorrect alot of peoples backs get misaligned.. and vertabrea GETS MOVED AROUND AND EVEN POPS OUT ( PROTRUDES) .. and does need to be reset..

• does this mean its normal to have a cracking back?

• Some cracking = Normal (especially during stretching or twisting)

Alot of cracking and pain = Bigger problem.

• what about when you don't mean to crack and it "automatically" cracks?

• I think that spinal alignment could very possibly have an effect on cracking. But the mis-alignment might be more-so a precursor to the actual cracking. Strength training lead to more frequent cracking for me, and I have a slightly mis-aligned spine. So I think that there is a connection but is only noticed in the rehabilitation of the injury not at the onset.

• @calciumphosphate:

I think that spinal alignment could very possibly have an effect on cracking. But the mis-alignment might be more-so a precursor to the actual cracking. Strength training lead to more frequent cracking for me, and I have a slightly mis-aligned spine. So I think that there is a connection but is only noticed in the rehabilitation of the injury not at the onset.

How do you know you have a misaligned spine?

• touch and feel of an experienced chiro and xrays