Does stretching your toes and neck help lessen cracking?

• Sweet
    mellow, gentle stretches reduce chance of neck pain
    from cracking anyway πŸ˜„

• you mean like looking around in a circle, that sort of stretch?

• Well i referred (yes at 14 years old) a man to go to his GP with, i presumed hypermobility in his neck - and was right, to get neck excercises and he did and i was right, however the neck strengthening excercises, when i tried to do one, makes my neck do one of those small cracks.

Said ^^^^ many a time lol

• you should become a doc, you've obviously got some talent there πŸ™‚

• Nah, i learnt that on internet and MC just says that is wrong.

However i am not interested in that stuff.

More in helping people - like police, army - things like that.

• cool

• actually blaze because of you I read about hypermobility and hypermobility syndrome on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypermobility

the latter being a disorder

• and….

• "Some people have hypermobility with no other symptoms or medical conditions. However, people with hypermobility syndrome may experience many difficulties. "

so hypermobility is perfectly normal
    hypermobility SYNDROME is a disorder, w a list of potential problems

Neither mention Cracking joints being associated to them.
    Nor weak tendons or ligament springs.

but it's relative and interesting info πŸ˜‰

• Of course it won't have about jointcracking relation on there as the person who wrote it may not know about this and it isn't well known and there are those who think it isn't related.

• yeah i read online that soaking toes in hot water is supposed to relieve inflammation of tendons. i also read that ice packs do the same..

bit weird that hot and cold do the same thing isn't it? πŸ˜›

• hot and cold water.

• Community Lead

@MasterCracker:

"Some people have hypermobility with no other symptoms or medical conditions. However, people with hypermobility syndrome may experience many difficulties. "

so hypermobility is perfectly normal
    hypermobility SYNDROME is a disorder, w a list of potential problems

Neither mention Cracking joints being associated to them.
    Nor weak tendons or ligament springs.

but it's relative and interesting info πŸ˜‰

It's still the most plausible explanation to me. Of course I might be on the wrong path here.
    I would love to hear your idea why some people feel stronger urges to crack their joints than others. And why that urge subsidizes when said person refrains from giving in for a while?

• a friend of mine cracks his neck like crazy! i do crack my toes out of habit but i'm a bit hesitant with the neck. as long as it doesnt hurt, there's nothing to worry about i suppose.