How do people around you react to your clicking/cracking?

• Basically all my friends think I'm crazy :lol:

• My best friend is a cracker too. If one of us sees the other cracking the other wants to do it too. Generally I crack more when I'm alone and have nothing going on. When I'm busy I rarely think about cracking.

• Wicked - i wish my friends could crack joints too lol

• Horrified and told not to do it.
    Squeamish.
    Annoyance.

• Haha same - no one "understands" us 😄

• Actually some of my friends understand the crave.

• Cool:)

• sometimes i will get a look, but generally my friends don't care…which is a good thing because i crack ALL the time! LOL

• Yeh kinda same for me.

• @agentn:

sometimes i will get a look, but generally my friends don't care…which is a good thing because i crack ALL the time! LOL

haha cool

• Lol

• My boyfriend is ridiculously squeamish about it.

Many people are shocked and amazed by the loud noises and sometimes they comment ("O*G how can you do that?!?!" or "I think you just popped your arm out of your socket/broke something!!!") lol

Mom gets irritated with me at night when she's trying to sleep and I start my long cracking routine (I live at home during the summer when not at university, and her bedroom is across the hall.)

Otherwise, I dunno. I don't really pay much attention to others while I'm cracking; I get into "the zone" and don't think about it or even realize I'm doing it much of the time.

• @neuropandemonium:

My boyfriend is ridiculously squeamish about it.

Many people are shocked and amazed by the loud noises and sometimes they comment ("O*G how can you do that?!?!" or "I think you just popped your arm out of your socket/broke something!!!") lol

Mom gets irritated with me at night when she's trying to sleep and I start my long cracking routine (I live at home during the summer when not at university, and her bedroom is across the hall.)

Otherwise, I dunno. I don't really pay much attention to others while I'm cracking; I get into "the zone" and don't think about it or even realize I'm doing it much of the time.

lol welcome to the forum 🙂

what type of joints do you crack?

• @neuropandemonium:

My boyfriend is ridiculously squeamish about it.

Yes welcome, your joints crack that loud?!

Also, how long does the process go on for?

• Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Some of my joints crack pretty loud, particularly my back of course. Someone jokingly told me once that it sounded like firecrackers going off. Everything is pretty loud.

As for what joints I crack, well, pretty much anything that I can, and I keep discovering new ones every year! Lets see, my back (mostly all of it, so lots of cracking sounds going on there), neck (from side to side and by twisting, for total of 4 cracks,) top of each femur, both knees, both feet, all of my toes (pulling and pushing for total of 20 cracks) each finger in three parts for total of 24 cracks, both thumbs in two ways for 4 more cracks, both elbows, both wrists, and both shoulders. If I did my math correctly, that's a total of 64 "cracks" not including the back crack, which is just sounds like wringing a piece of bubble wrap to me. I'd guess that it takes about 20 seconds or so to do it all, but I never counted the time!

What about you guys?

• @neuropandemonium:

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!

Some of my joints crack pretty loud, particularly my back of course. Someone jokingly told me once that it sounded like firecrackers going off. Everything is pretty loud.

As for what joints I crack, well, pretty much anything that I can, and I keep discovering new ones every year! Lets see, my back (mostly all of it, so lots of cracking sounds going on there), neck (from side to side and by twisting, for total of 4 cracks,) top of each femur, both knees, both feet, all of my toes (pulling and pushing for total of 20 cracks) each finger in three parts for total of 24 cracks, both thumbs in two ways for 4 more cracks, both elbows, both wrists, and both shoulders. If I did my math correctly, that's a total of 64 "cracks" not including the back crack, which is just sounds like wringing a piece of bubble wrap to me. I'd guess that it takes about 20 seconds or so to do it all, but I never counted the time!

What about you guys?

yeah firecrackers is a good description!
    do you ever get a "rice crispie" sound in your neck/back neuropandemonium? nice username by the way!

• New ones every year lol - soon you will be a cracking machine.