Cracking in places where there is no joint

• i can crack the middle of my foot. look at this diagram of the bones in your foot;
    http://www.icbmedical.com/__data/page/104/Foot-Bone-Structure3.gif

the joint between the proximal phalanges and metatarsals seem to be the most commonly cracked on the foot, and what people refer to when saying they crack their toes. now if i put my palm on the middle of the foot and press down, i can crack the metatarsals. the closer to the actual joint the crack takes place the better it feels.

now here is the part that challanges some assumptions about joint cracking. when i crack the middle of my foot, most of the time the crack takes place right above the joint between the phalanges and metatarsals, where there is no joint!

• Well my fellow cracker - you have defied the laws of physics :lol:

• i'm confused :roll: 'right above the joint where there is No joint' Do you mean proximal/closer to the ankle.

you say you crack the metatarsals. which are bones. feels beeter when closer to what joint?do you mean you crack the joint at the metatarsal and cuniforms?

For me I can crack the distal phalanges joint, the proximal phalange/metatarsal joint , and often by just plantar flexing my foot and extending my toes like if to stand on my tippy toes , crack the metatarsal/cuneiform jointS including inbetween Cuneiforms. Creates a multiple crack near the ankle but on top of the foot.

interesting either way 😎

Keep crackin

• Or crack 'a 'lacking :lol:

• ill use some photoshopped pics to help here;

to crack the middle of my foot i press down on the top of the foot right above the toes. what i meant when i said it feels better when it cracks closer to the joint is that it would crack here;

(area indicated by black circle)

but most of the time I feel the crack occour closer to the toes, here;

it is not a 'click' which happens, it is defiantly an intense crack, happening where there is no joint.

• i could never do that Daylight!

• Yeh i don't understand how - unless the general area kind of like spasms or ripples.

• @Blaze:

Or crack 'a 'lacking :lol:

haha!

• @Blaze:

Yeh i don't understand how - unless the general area kind of like spasms or ripples.

spasms - new thread coming on i think - credit to you for the idea 😎

• Ok cool

Their is a Memeber on here called What'scrackalackin

• Can anyone crack their nose? For real I mean. The crack isn't caused through the joint, the cartilage moves and causes an intese cracking sensation. I usually roll a f****l tissue into a point, bung it into my nostril and move it towards the other until a crack occurs. Then do the same for the other nostril.

• @BangBang:

Can anyone crack their nose? For real I mean. The crack isn't caused through the joint, the cartilage moves and causes an intese cracking sensation. I usually roll a f****l tissue into a point, bung it into my nostril and move it towards the other until a crack occurs. Then do the same for the other nostril.

hey welcome to the forum.. no i can't crack my nose lol

• @BangBang:

Can anyone crack their nose? For real I mean. The crack isn't caused through the joint, the cartilage moves and causes an intese cracking sensation. I usually roll a f****l tissue into a point, bung it into my nostril and move it towards the other until a crack occurs. Then do the same for the other nostril.

Ewwwh! and NO!