Back Cracking…Please Help!

• First off, Hi everyone.

I've been cracking pretty much all of my joints since I was 8 or so but it wasn't until last year when my back was cracked. The only way I would do this is by having my g/f step/almost jump (she is very petite) on my back and it would produce cracks throughout my back. However, unfortunately, my g/f and I are broke up and she no longer does this for me.

I've tried the suggestions on this site and still can't get my back to crack and I feel the same tension. Any other suggestions on how to crack my back? Or any ideas on why it won't crack now?

Thanks.

• i bend backwards and try to grab my ankles [standing up]
    which sorts out my upper back

and with lower back i lie on my stomach and puch my torso up with my hands
    keeping my hips on the floor
    and twisting slightly from side to side

or..
    you could get someone else to stand on you 😉

• i read ur message and i think i might be able to help you on how to crack your back at least your upper back but their is a flaw to this as you probaly already know you will hav to keep on cracking your back until your satified. here it is you start off by standing up, you pace both hands in a fist form with your thumbs up on the part of your back you want to crack and sometimes you can also bend your while pressing on it to help some. also you can use knuckles what you want to crack i usally do this around the spine let me know if it helps.

• Try getting some plastic massage balls that are larger than a tennis ball. Lay them on the floor with enough room so your spine doesn't hit them.
    The lower your back on them slowly and once you have them positioned on your upper back, put your hands behind your head and and pull up. Your upper back should crack quite nicely.

• If the usual methods described here don't seem to be working, get creative! Experimentation can be the best solution, because it seems like everyone cracks differently.

Are you tensing up your back when you try to crack? I find that helps me. Try stretching in different positions. Another unusual method I use to crack my back is to lay on the floor, preferably a hard surface such as a wooden or tiled floor. Grab a hold of your knees and curl them up against your chest, then move as if you're trying to do a crunch. You may have to try doing it quickly to get it to work.

• I started cracking my back in Jr high. The method that I used was to sit in my desk (the ones with the plastic chair connected) and push against my desk as hard as I could. Then I would slowly slide my back up the top edge of the chair which would crack my upper back fairly well. Not helpful if you can;t get your hands on a desk, but it was very effective for me.

• I've found that a great way to crack your back, especially your lower back, into your hips is to lay on your stomach. Then, bring your left leg up - still on the floor, so that your knee is bent. This way, you will be laying kind of on your side, but mostly on your stomach. Then use your left hand to push on down on your buttocks while you try to pull the top portion of your body against it. Switch to the other side and repeat. It feels great.

• @chslaugh:

I've found that a great way to crack your back, especially your lower back, into your hips is to lay on your stomach. Then, bring your left leg up - still on the floor, so that your knee is bent. This way, you will be laying kind of on your side, but mostly on your stomach. Then use your left hand to push on down on your buttocks while you try to pull the top portion of your body against it. Switch to the other side and repeat. It feels great.

i do something similar to that which i thought i invented but you beat me to it.

what i do is:

lay on your stomach, but kick one leg out front of you and have your other leg bent behind you, so you're on your stomach/side with your legs spread out. you must have both arms out in front of you, more importantly the one you're laying on. you should begin to see where this is going. then hold up your front leg as far in front of you as you can, and look behind you, and sort of stretch. then proceed to lift your front leg up and over, slowly rotating to your other side. your leg acts as a counter-weight for your body and you can stretch your back pretty easily. it sounds weird but it's so easy and it works.

• As others have said - a school chair is great.

Sit up straight then lean over backwards.