Stiffness in hands

• Past 1 month whenever I get up early in the morning, I am unable to move my hands, it becomes stiff and I feel like paralyzed and then I stay for few minutes and try to stretch my hand and then slowly it becomes easy for free for movement. anyone can say me why it is happening so?

• @henry88:

Past 1 month whenever I get up early in the morning, I am unable to move my hands, it becomes stiff and I feel like paralyzed and then I stay for few minutes and try to stretch my hand and then slowly it becomes easy for free for movement. anyone can say me why it is happening so?

That seems strange I am afraid I have never experienced this myself though so cannot offer any advice here..

• @neckcracker12:

@henry88:

Past 1 month whenever I get up early in the morning, I am unable to move my hands, it becomes stiff and I feel like paralyzed and then I stay for few minutes and try to stretch my hand and then slowly it becomes easy for free for movement. anyone can say me why it is happening so?

That seems strange I am afraid I have never experienced this myself though so cannot offer any advice here..

Well, I have planned to seek for medical attention.

• @henry88:

@neckcracker12:

@henry88:

Well, I have planned to seek for medical attention.

Could this be related to the cold weather perhaps? Just a thought.

• The hand and fingers seem to work effortlessly when healthy. Normal joints have considerable motion, enabling us to perform many different activities with our hands for work, leisure, communication, and more. A variety of problems can cause stiffness in the hand, limiting the use and function that we often take for granted.

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.
    Anatole France fixed blade knife

• henry88 are you by chance taking cholesterol meds? Some of them can cause pain in the small joints - i.e. fingers and toes.

If not, my next guess would be early stage and/or mild arthritis. I am by no means an expert though, just my thoughts.

• Isn't arthritis much more common in older people? How old are you Henry88?