Yet another new guy

• It never occurred to me that there was a website for joint cracking. I was googling stuff about cracking and found this site.

It has been a near lifelong compulsion, something I have done since I was around 12 back in the early 80's. It started with my ankles. I remember it like it was yesterday. I squatted to pet a cat and my ankles fired off like gunshots. It was startling but I found myself doing it over and over. To this day I still do the ankles but have added a few other joints throughout the years. I do all the joints in all fingers, I do the toes, my neck, knees, elbows, wrists, and back. Once in awhile I get a good sternal crack but I am not trying for those, it just happens. I do it constantly. Mostly my fingers and ankles, the rest less frequently but everything ends up being cracked a few times a day minimum.

It feels like a compulsion and it drives my wife nuts. She feels like she is going to vomit if she hears it so I try not to do it around her at all. I did go through a spell of a few years where I didn't do any of it but it came back again. I am to the point where all I need to do is turn or twist a certain way and it's crack city. I should probably stop, probably….

• @TheCracken:

It never occurred to me that there was a website for joint cracking. I was googling stuff about cracking and found this site.

It has been a near lifelong compulsion, something I have done since I was around 12 back in the early 80's. It started with my ankles. I remember it like it was yesterday. I squatted to pet a cat and my ankles fired off like gunshots. It was startling but I found myself doing it over and over. To this day I still do the ankles but have added a few other joints throughout the years. I do all the joints in all fingers, I do the toes, my neck, knees, elbows, wrists, and back. Once in awhile I get a good sternal crack but I am not trying for those, it just happens. I do it constantly. Mostly my fingers and ankles, the rest less frequently but everything ends up being cracked a few times a day minimum.

It feels like a compulsion and it drives my wife nuts. She feels like she is going to vomit if she hears it so I try not to do it around her at all. I did go through a spell of a few years where I didn't do any of it but it came back again. I am to the point where all I need to do is turn or twist a certain way and it's crack city. I should probably stop, probably….

Welcome! I like the example of gunshots, I always liken the sound to bubble wrap lol