THE BEST TREATMENTS - your ideas please

• Lets make a nice, compact list of treatments that members can refer to.

• This sure is an old thread. You asked this question in 2008? and no one has replied yet? Or I am maybe reading the stats wrong.

But, on to the topic at hand, namely treatment…

One issue seems to be that the word 'treatment' implies an illness, or problem, and generally something one is trying to get over. I notice several posters here do not want to get over joint cracking.

In my case, I do -- and I am.

Why 'treat' joint cracking? Actually, it is more that the joint cracking is treating another problem. I think that I am helping along a process that showed up as joint cracking -- in the neck and now back, in my case. The cracking addresses an underlying 'rigidity' problem I have had, I guess all my life, in the spine and especially the upper spine, somewhat to the left side. The rigidity leads to slumping posture, and more so over time. Cracking, and better yet stretching before coming to the cracking point, and between cracks, loosens up the stuck area.

But this healing process is incredibly slow, and also somewhat painful. It is also noisy, and people notice me doing it. Not that I mind so much, but it does alter my 'persona' some.

In several posts here I have mentioned doing yoga. So I will again mention it. Long story short: I think doing yoga asanas, daily if possible, is very helpful as a 'treatment' for habitual spinal joint joint cracking.

• Sorry, not sure if I read this part right. Cracking your spine has caused bad posture? or, just the rigidity… I'm kinda loopy so I may just have read that all wrong (promise I'm not trying to be a j**k).

Yoga is a really good idea though, I've tried it once and I'm sure I could benefit from it but I was in sooo much pain the next day, it would take a lot for me to commit to it... someday, I'm working on it 😉

Interesting fact/question/clarification -- do you see a much faster improvement rate yoga or would you say it is about the same as cracking? Also, do you find it to be much more enjoyable?

• BrianR, what is fitness yoga?
    because thats what my local centre offers

• You could also go to a chiropractor for help and advice. I like yoga because it not only helps me physically but mentally as well. I practice yoga about twice a week and have been doing it for a little over a year.

Clarisa, Health Insurance Advisor