Newest member :)

• Hello all you joint crackers!

I'm the newest member, and I thought I'd introduce myself. I just came across this website while googling something on my BlackBerry and it's intriguing so I decided to register!

My name's Amy. I'm somewhat of a joint cracker, although not on purpose. Recently (since August of '08) I started having lower back and left hip or pelvic pain. My hip (or pelvis) is constantly cracking/snapping/clicking when I move in a certain direction (ie: move my leg). The doctors cannot seem to figure out where the pain is coming from or what's causing it.

I used to purposely crack my fingers and neck a lot, but I broke the habit. Although, occasionally I will crack my neck and wrists.

This is a neat website, and I look forwarding to chatting with everyone and getting to know all you fellow crackers 🙂

• Hi Amy, Im Robyn!!

I crack my knuckles and used to crack my neck… I joined here to get help with stopping because my boyfriend and mum both hate me doing it and, although i absolutely do not subscribe to the thought that it gives you arthritus, I am also not convinced that it is the best thing to do.

I haven't clicked my fingers for 11 weeks and a day today... which is the longest I've gone since i was about 12, which is over 9 years ago...

I have heard that clicking your neck is actually not a great idea and can increase your risk of stroke, so be careful! My neck clicks occassionally as i have a repetative whiplash injury which started on a trampoline and then was agrivated at a gig haha!

This forum has quietened down over the last couple of months which is a shame, but anyway, i thought i would welcome you!!

Take care

Robyn x

• @imabadpixie:

Hi Amy, Im Robyn!!

I crack my knuckles and used to crack my neck… I joined here to get help with stopping because my boyfriend and mum both hate me doing it and, although i absolutely do not subscribe to the thought that it gives you arthritus, I am also not convinced that it is the best thing to do.

I haven't clicked my fingers for 11 weeks and a day today... which is the longest I've gone since i was about 12, which is over 9 years ago...

I have heard that clicking your neck is actually not a great idea and can increase your risk of stroke, so be careful! My neck clicks occassionally as i have a repetative whiplash injury which started on a trampoline and then was agrivated at a gig haha!

This forum has quietened down over the last couple of months which is a shame, but anyway, i thought i would welcome you!!

Take care

Robyn x

lol i check this site every day!! what about you?