The sacrum.

• I used to crack that joint about twice a day during high school ( a year or so ago ) because the desks worked perfectly, but now that I'm graduated it only pops about once every other day or so. The way I did it in school was as follows: I would put my feet on the book rack beneath the desk in front of me, then slouch so my sacrum was balancing on the slight hill near the edge of my chair. After that it was as simple as relaxing, then pressing the outsides of my feet outward against the legs of the desk. It was occasionally difficult to accomplish because I wanted to be quiet about it as the chair amplifies the pop and explaining to a room of idiot high schoolers that not every pelvic noise is a fart is impossible.

• @Icrackmyselfup:

I actually crack my sacrum around 2-5 times a day, depending on if it needs it. I usually need to crack it every time I stand up after sitting for long periods of time, otherwise it feels like something is stuck there. What I do is when I stand, I stand feet together. Then with my pelvic and gluteal muscles I squeeze and push my hips forward and that usually cracks it. It feels so good.

Welcome to the forum!

• I am 14 years old, and lately have been feeling a lot of stiffness and soreness in my lower back/sacrum, but whenever I try to crack it nothing happens. I have tried most of the methods on this page and don't know what to do. Can anybody help me out? 😢

• @MrSnazzyPanda:

I am 14 years old, and lately have been feeling a lot of stiffness and soreness in my lower back/sacrum, but whenever I try to crack it nothing happens. I have tried most of the methods on this page and don't know what to do. Can anybody help me out? 😢

I'd visit a chiropractor. I spent months trying to crack my sacroiliac joint (I felt like there was constant pressure that needed to be released), and after messing around and contorting for hours a day, I ended up with a bulging disc and I essentially gave myself sciatica at only 30 years old. Definitely wish I'd just gone to a chiro to crack it out. They'll do something like you see in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=441mzvwWyI0&list=PLX_PXnZWQROh2H7qG_RuC9isf4xwQiVyU&index=1

The adjustment he does at 3:40 cracks the sacroiliac joint and puts it back into alignment. And it feels ahmazing.

• i lay on my back and cross my ankles then push out with both legs OR
    stand up and put both thumbs on the dimply things on my back then push forward A LOT squeezing all my but muscles haha
    im 17

• Thanks for all the great info. I must say Method Two posted by SacrumCracker is what I've been doing for twenty years. It helps so much. One thing I would add for me is that the clench of glutes must be with strong force for five or so seconds, sometimes standing or lying down on back or side body, using hand to push hip area. Thanks again to all who took time to post and help others and me find relief from pain.

• i do this one but crossing one foot over the other at the ankle and then squeezing my feet tightly together, which seems to push my hips forward and make it pop. seems to work better lying down. it's a rare one though and so satisfying for that reason.

• @neckcracker12 No, never

• I used to go to a chiro regularly, and they would always press on my sacrum to adjust my hips, but didn't seem to accomplish much - nothing popped like when they'd do my spine. In the past couple months, I've started doing pilates and yoga frequently to help combat my chronic pain, especially in my hips, and now all I have to do to crack my sacrum is to be laying down, either on my side or my stomach, and twist my hips slightly. I can crack it over and over again, and it's become part of my going to sleep and waking up routines to crack it a few times. I seem to have a lot of pain focused on my sacrum, and popping it is simply delightful, and, like many others have said, almost orgasmic.

• This is one of my favorite cracks. I've always referred to this as "cracking my b**t", but after reading these descriptions, I think it is my sacrum. I think, like many of my cracks, it happened by accident the first time. I do this often at work where I sit for many hours in front of the computer. When I feel one coming on, I slouch down in my chair, cross one ankle over the other, and squeeze my buttcheeks together until I hear the crack. I don't think I've ever experienced the "full" 3 cracks, though. I'm jealous.

• Old thread, sorry.
    As a person with a bad back and then riding b******k & saddled, I can easily pop my sacrum. Most common now after a good horseback riding session.
    I pop it a few different ways. Easiest is when laying in bed face down, tighten legs upward from b*m down to heels, while rest is loose.
    Same with when standing. Hands on back of hips, back and legs relaxed, push hands down and onto the area. Others are random and I can't reproduce it well.

I can also pop my sternum, anyone else? ?

• This post is deleted!