Everything cracks!

• Hi everyone. I'm new to the site and pretty happy to see I'm not the only joint cracking weirdo on the planet. For me everything cracks. toes, ankles, knees, hips, spine, neck, one shoulder (due to an injury in that one case), wrists and fingers. It all cracks. I'm at the point where my toes crack no matter what I'm doing. I can't sneak up on anyone in my house because my toes give me away. Hah.

None of it hurts except for the hips. They sometimes ache after a crack but not cracking makes them ache, too. Go figure.

Anyway, I'll be reading a lot and maybe posting here and there. Thanks for putting this board up. 🙂

• The more the merrier!

Just out of interest, do your big toes crack/pop/click more than your others? and how did they start, was it after an injury?

• Yeh sounds like you Bod8

• lol my signature post 😎
    apart from when my neck annoys me more it switches to my neck 😎

• Hi bod8 and Blaze,

Yeah, the big toes crack more than the others. I'm not sure how or when it started. They didn't always crack. I think somewhere in my early 20s I started getting the urge to crack them. Now they crack on their own without me "helping". No injury. But I do pronate (flat feet) because both feet in a bit. So there's more weight/pressure on the big toes when I walk. The other toes I tend to crack manually. It's become a bit of an annoying habit. So I'm told. 😉

• Lol - i didn't come back to this thread earlier because i sneak on in ict lessons and lessons when i am in the computer suite sometimes like German.

But welcome, and it seems your 'discovery of cracking' developed later - how long have you been cracking for?

• It's mainly been within the last 10 years or so that it's got as … regular and widespread. My knuckles in the fingers always cracked, even when I was a kid. My hips started when I was about 16. The back in my mid 20s, my wrists in my early 30s, my neck mainly in the last 2.5 years.

• Hmmmm…..well personally i do not want to crack my hip - if it caused discomfort then it would be horrible.

I started cracking my joints i think kind of by accident and seeing on tv.

• For me, it was in response to aching, I think. Joints would ache and then I'd crack them and most of the time it'd get better.

• As the result of like stretching?