Grip strength research

• HI all i'm currently in my final year at the european school of osteopathy and am mid way through my final research paper. i am searching for research my the medical profession in to a change in grip strength after finger cracking. if any of you know where there is some research i'd love to get hold of it. please let me know. thanks in advance for helping.

rich

• Community Lead

Hi rich,

Take a look at Does Jointcracking lead to arthritis?.
    This thread references at least one paper concerning loss of grip strength due to excessive knuckle cracking.

I am ashed for the current "search" feature on here. Will vastly improve soonishly I hope.

Best of luck in your final research year!

• @richworth:

HI all i'm currently in my final year at the european school of osteopathy and am mid way through my final research paper. i am searching for research my the medical profession in to a change in grip strength after finger cracking. if any of you know where there is some research i'd love to get hold of it. please let me know. thanks in advance for helping.

rich

Well i am 14 and i used to crack my fingers. It was my New Years Resolution to stop and i have successfully - i only succumb to the temptation when i am nervous. But when i used to wake up - i would have very little grip and i would crack to get feeling. Even after that it was still hard to.

Hope this helps - next to stop cracking, my neck

Blaze