Chronic Pain and Stiffness on One side of body

• Hi there, I am 26 and have been cracking for about 5 years. It started with having people walk on my back. At the time I did not have any stiffness but it felt good when it cracked so I started to do it more and more. Eventually I needed to have it cracked otherwise it would feel uncomfortable. Now my cracking has spread to my neck, shoulders, hands, arms, feet, ribs even tailbone it seems. No amount of cracking provides any relief and I either take muscle relaxers or ibuprophen to cope. The stiffness and pain seem isolated to my right side which is strange because I am lefthanded. I have tried chiropractic adjustment, massage therapy with no success my next step is accupuncture. Has anyone experienced one sided stiffness? Also has anyone benefited from acupuncture?

• ive always been intrigued by acupunture and if it really helps but never had it done to myself.

that sounds very weird and like another person on here. he was thinking about killing himself because he felt bad all the time and was asking for help.

no that hasnt happened to me though sorry

• I hear ya there. I have slight scoliosis, which makes my right side very tense, particularly in the morning. I tried going to a chiropractor, and the only benefit I seemed to get from that is that now I can crack more joints in my back. I learned from a doctor that the problem is that one side of your back's muscles has to work a lot harder to compensate for the spine twist, and so it hurts more. The doctor recommended I do stretches and work out to help improve my back muscle's strength, and to make it more flexible, which will cause less pain.

I started yoga and pilates about a year ago and have amazing results. Both help to strengthen the muscles around the spine, to give your spine more support and make your back crack less frequently. Basically, these stretches have done me a lot of good, and take no more than 20 minutes a day. When I start doing the stretches, I feel so tight and stiff, but by the end I feel so much better. Sure, I still crack on occasion, especially in my neck and lower back, but I feel so much better. I hope this helps!

• Jenn that's very interesting I also have a bad pain in the right side of my neck particulary. Intesting to see others have it too…

• JP - should go to a physiotherapist.

• yeah or a doctor maybe if you don't want to see a physio yet

• As you said, doctors are ignorant of jc

• Pain and stress are just two things that are troublesome to us. But then again, people the in the medical and research filed are trying their best for us to cope from pain and stress. One of the best thing they have made is the BioMat. The BioMat is FDA registered for treating pain and stress. Many people have found out that the biomat can help with <a href="http://biomatbonus.com"> Chronic Pain </a> and <a href="http://biomatbonus.com"> Stress </a>. These two are just a few of the many symptoms listed on <a href="http://biomatbonus.com"> biomat.com </a> as something the biomat helps with.

• I have the same issue for years now..primarily on the right side, but it will also migrate to the left side..but when it does the urge OTC rack on the right side disappears. So the constant and increasingly maddening urge to crack only happens on one side at a time. I might only have a day of relief but then the whole things starts up again out of nowhere. There are people who post here who seem to enjoy the sensation. I find it depressing and disruptive, and frustrating that I haven't been able to find any answers to this. I am healty, have been tested for lupus, rheumatoid, and lymes…I had lymes over 15 years ago, and was treated..so I don't know if this is connected somehow. I tested negative for the other conditions. I think I eat healthy, but now am looking into supplements. Glucosamine produced no results for me. I exercise regularly and do yoga, but nothing seems to alleviate this. It's not painful, it just maddening because as soon as I crack, the urge to do it again is right back.mthis goes on from morning until night, and I find it hard to sleep because I can't get comfortable. I came and sounds like other people experience what I do, so I guess it's good to know I'm not the only one.

• Community Lead

@Elle:

I have the same issue for years now..primarily on the right side, but it will also migrate to the left side..but when it does the urge OTC rack on the right side disappears. So the constant and increasingly maddening urge to crack only happens on one side at a time. I might only have a day of relief but then the whole things starts up again out of nowhere. There are people who post here who seem to enjoy the sensation. I find it depressing and disruptive, and frustrating that I haven't been able to find any answers to this. I am healty, have been tested for lupus, rheumatoid, and lymes…I had lymes over 15 years ago, and was treated..so I don't know if this is connected somehow. I tested negative for the other conditions. I think I eat healthy, but now am looking into supplements. Glucosamine produced no results for me. I exercise regularly and do yoga, but nothing seems to alleviate this. It's not painful, it just maddening because as soon as I crack, the urge to do it again is right back.mthis goes on from morning until night, and I find it hard to sleep because I can't get comfortable. I came and sounds like other people experience what I do, so I guess it's good to know I'm not the only one.

Elle, thanks for sharing your story. I can very much relate to your experiences, you are definitely not alone. I also find this highly annoying and disruptive. It is very iteresting that in some cases symptoms only affect one side of the body. This has never been the case for me, always symmetric on my end. I document the stuff which helps me, in here. Please share when you find help for you.

• @Elle:

I have the same issue for years now..primarily on the right side, but it will also migrate to the left side..but when it does the urge OTC rack on the right side disappears. So the constant and increasingly maddening urge to crack only happens on one side at a time. I might only have a day of relief but then the whole things starts up again out of nowhere. There are people who post here who seem to enjoy the sensation. I find it depressing and disruptive, and frustrating that I haven't been able to find any answers to this. I am healty, have been tested for lupus, rheumatoid, and lymes…I had lymes over 15 years ago, and was treated..so I don't know if this is connected somehow. I tested negative for the other conditions. I think I eat healthy, but now am looking into supplements. Glucosamine produced no results for me. I exercise regularly and do yoga, but nothing seems to alleviate this. It's not painful, it just maddening because as soon as I crack, the urge to do it again is right back.mthis goes on from morning until night, and I find it hard to sleep because I can't get comfortable. I came and sounds like other people experience what I do, so I guess it's good to know I'm not the only one.

I will have to try yoga