Incredible discomfort.

• I'm 28 years old and just as of a few years I've felt intense discomfort. No pain, really, but a pressure build up, I suppose. A sort of warm, dry feeling that demands I crack my joints. At first my upper back, then my neck, followed by my knees.

It's been getting worse and worse, to the point that I find real pain preferable. I can't sleep at night. I wind up twisting and contorting myself harshly in any way possible just to crack the joint, sometimes even blugenting my back and knees for any sort of relief at all.

I find that drinking copious amounts of fluid sometimes helps, as does taking multivitamins. But it's not an end all treatment. And there are plenty of nights it doesn't work at all. So I wrench my body as hard as I can, staying up twisting and cracking in the hopes of rest and relief.

I get no pleasure from joint cracking. It is in no way habitual in the sense that say, biting your nails playing with your hair is. Stopping isn't an option, it gets far too uncomfortable.

Quite frankly it's getting to the point where I might kill myself to be rid of the condition. I really don't want to. I like life and I have things to do with it, but this condition is driving me in that direction.

I can't find anything online that looks remotely close, save for this forum.
    It also sounds like something doctors can't diagnose or treat from what I've read.

Thanks for reading, and any input.

• Hi,
    Try to get in the habit of drinking green tea on a daily basis. See how that will affect your joints' discomfort. Also, buy a bottle of green tea extract supplements wherever you buy your multivitamins, and start taking those as well.

• glucosamine chondritin

• Thank you very much for those options. I'll start trying them immediately and update any changes.

• PM me your email. I will refer you to something helpful.

I tried to PM you but it didn't work.

• I may know feeling what you're talking about. Would you consider it also a "tingle" or an itch in your joints that is always there, but is somewhat relieved when your mind isn't on it?

The feeling also plagues and bothers me, but it hasn't been too bad lately dut to my not focusing my thoughts on it.

I get the feeling most in my left big toe joint, but it may spread to my other toes, fingers, knees, and hip/leg joints when I think too closely about it.

• @Advent:

I may know feeling what you're talking about. Would you consider it also a "tingle" or an itch in your joints that is always there, but is somewhat relieved when your mind isn't on it?

The feeling also plagues and bothers me, but it hasn't been too bad lately dut to my not focusing my thoughts on it.

I get the feeling most in my left big toe joint, but it may spread to my other toes, fingers, knees, and hip/leg joints when I think too closely about it.

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me. Eventually my joints force the matter on me. Especially when I'm trying to sleep. If I'm any future indication for you, I'm quite sorry. I already mentioned how far it's spread. Sometimes it's even so deep along my spinal column that I simply can't do anything for it. It's uncrackable. I still half expect to cause some severe damage to myself just from the way I'm forced to violently crack my neck.

• How is the green tea making you feel

• dont kill youself!

blugenting?

anywayz i dont really know what that must feel like but try doing lots of healthy things and see how it goes i suppose

• Community Lead

Notsogreat,

I'd like to follow up on this. How are you? I hope you have found something which lessened your agony. Please update us on your situation.

I know only too well how you feel. At my worst times joint cracking has also crippled my psyche so harshly that I was on the borderline of suicidal thoughts myself.

T, if you know anything which might help, please share it in the open with all of us. Thank you!

• Keep drinking that green tea if you have been already. It should help your joints and everything else.

Noone should feel the urges to keep cracking if they are relaxed mentally and physically. I have been cracking all my life, or for as long as I can remember. I'm learning how to relax and not be so obsessive compulsive. Of course, I still crack, but I don't derive so much pleasure out of it like I always did before.

Try to rid yourself of all desire. More easily said than done, I know.

• Yes, as JC said, please update this, because i am sure others like myself would like to know how you are progressing. 😉

• I wonder how you're doing. Unfortunately, I was in a very similar condition about 7 years ago (I am 27 now). The good news is, although I don't feel great all the time now, I do feel much, much better than I used to. It seems that the majority of crackers view it as annoying or an inconvenience, but its totally different when you feel like you always have to do it, and are constantly uncomfortable. I remember cracking my neck so much and feeling so bad that I felt like tilting my head to one side and taking a knife and cutting through the tendon or muscle or whatever that was that felt like a tense guitar string in my neck, just to relieve the feeling. I don't know what happened but it did slowly get better. I still crack my spine and neck on a regular basis, as well as my sternum, knuckles, toes, and ribs, and although I usually wake up at least once a night and have to crack my spine and neck just to get somewhat comfortable, my muscles aren't as tense as they used to be and my general quality of life is much better. I still wish there was a better understanding of this stuff in the medical world. I tried my regular doctor, chiropractor, acupuncture, physical therapy, a shrink, X-Rays, MRIS, massage, supplements (glucosamine, chondrotin)… so many different things that when I gradually did start to feel better I couldn't tell who or what caused it or if my body was just naturally adjusting/healing. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that there are others out there with the exact same problem, happening at the same young age, and that there is hope.

• @metakine:

I wonder how you're doing. Unfortunately, I was in a very similar condition about 7 years ago (I am 27 now). The good news is, although I don't feel great all the time now, I do feel much, much better than I used to. It seems that the majority of crackers view it as annoying or an inconvenience, but its totally different when you feel like you always have to do it, and are constantly uncomfortable. I remember cracking my neck so much and feeling so bad that I felt like tilting my head to one side and taking a knife and cutting through the tendon or muscle or whatever that was that felt like a tense guitar string in my neck, just to relieve the feeling. I don't know what happened but it did slowly get better. I still crack my spine and neck on a regular basis, as well as my sternum, knuckles, toes, and ribs, and although I usually wake up at least once a night and have to crack my spine and neck just to get somewhat comfortable, my muscles aren't as tense as they used to be and my general quality of life is much better. I still wish there was a better understanding of this stuff in the medical world. I tried my regular doctor, chiropractor, acupuncture, physical therapy, a shrink, X-Rays, MRIS, massage, supplements (glucosamine, chondrotin)… so many different things that when I gradually did start to feel better I couldn't tell who or what caused it or if my body was just naturally adjusting/healing. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that there are others out there with the exact same problem, happening at the same young age, and that there is hope.

dude you must've spent quite a bit of cash there..

• Yeah… but at that point I would have paid anything to feel better. Luckily, insurance covered a good portion of it.

• cool i wish i had insurance.. are you in the UK by the way?

• nope, US, with our Wonderful healthcare (extreme sarcasm)

• 🙂

• Ahhhh.

Well just read your post and i am glad that you are in more comfort now.

The Michael Moore documentary on the US Health System.

• I've only seen the Mcdonalds one..

• :lol: