New Here

• Hi all - just found the site and decided to try to crack my knuckles - people at school do it all the time.

Well, I tired everything possible, and not one will crack at all…..
    any ideas or suggestions?

• Community Lead

To be honest, I feel kinda awkward to yield to your request which is why I only answer now after you have proved your persistence with this matter after you slept about this and posted about it twice.

Disclaimer:
    Be careful! I can't be made responsible when you get addicted to this or lose your fingers in the process. As with most addiction material is it much easier to start than to stop!
    :roll:

I can imagine that for some people the (knuckle) joint liagments are so tight that it is outright impossible to crack them.

If that is so you'll have to repeat streching exercises on one specific finger joint multiple times daily for as long as it takes. Eventually the liagments should be streched enough to allow it to crack. Off the top of my head I'd use the following exercises if I'd want to relearn a finger joint:

The more streched the liagments are, the easier it'll be to crack that joint.

Please post back should you eventually succeed to satisfy your curiosity. D**n I wish my joints where as tight as yours!

• I don't see how something such as this could become a habit - if you don't want to crack anymore, just simply don't push or pull on your fingers lol - seems like something easy enough to stop if I ever want to.

• Community Lead

@cantcrack12:

I don't see how something such as this could become a habit - if you don't want to crack anymore, just simply don't push or pull on your fingers lol - seems like something easy enough to stop if I ever want to.

Heh :lol:. That's the same thing alcoholics say. "If I want to stop I'll just stop drinking". Ask any heavy smoker who wants to stop but can't. He just would have to stop buying smokes. Should be easy enough.

Joint cracking feels good for various not fully understood reasons:

Anything that feels good can become an addiction.

To be sure, knuckle cracking is harmless. I found this habit is indeed quite easily stopped and or heavily reduced.

You are not alone in your desires to learn either. According to the still running survey the majority (46,19%) of visitors wants to learn how to crack more or better.

It can turn bad. Please understand my reservations because it did for me.

There are many more joints to be cracked other than your fingers. Many joint crackers crack pretty much every joint in their body.

The more you crack your joints, the easier they will crack. My ankles crack so easily, that I'll only have to walk a little differently and they'll crack along the way. It is only hard in the very beginning. The more instable they get, the faster and stronger you'll feel a pressure build up in the joints which can seemingly only be released by cracking the afflicted joint again. At some point it becomes a matter of self-control.

As a final note, there are people out there enjoying joint cracking very much while maintaining full control.

• guess we'll see lol – if it ever works to begin with

• can't you tell from all these entries into the forum how hard it is to stop?
    There have been so many entries saying how desperate they are and how hard it is to quit, that i'm sure any none cracker could be convinced.

• @cantcrack12:

I don't see how something such as this could become a habit - if you don't want to crack anymore, just simply don't push or pull on your fingers lol - seems like something easy enough to stop if I ever want to.

Clearly you have never tried or cracked long enough to know what it is like - but to the author of this thread - is it really worth it to start cracking?

To have a dependancy on releasing tension in your joints and being uncomfortable if you don't.

Take heed to Jointcracker's words.