Dr Karl on Knuckle Cracking

• So i've been thinking, maybe I Can understand how some grip strength would be lost by a cracker who did not work out or was not very physically active. although 4x is hard to swallow.

But it's more been my experience, that if you do workout and stretch(yoga) that not only do ligaments/muscle become more flexible, they become Stronger with greater ROM and with less chance of injuries like sprain, strains, or tears.

Woodoo thanks for the pic, now i know how to make a traditional vegemite sandwich.
    would you recommend the kraft brand?
    acquired taste for sure. It's been years, decades maybe.

• I wonder if it's the same as our Marmite? You either love it or hate it, which I do.

• wikipedia says marmite is just like vegimite.

now i'm gonna have to have a vegimite marmite sandwich

• I haven't tried Marmite, but I think its stronger than Vegemite. Vegemite now belongs to Kraft, all the other brands are copies. I wouldn't be surprised if the taste a little different.

The most important thing is that you can get the jar open…

• Stronger than vegimite.
    wow
    I'd start slow.

• I personally haven't noticed any reduction in my grip strength. If am I less strong it isn't by much. I'm not a total couch potato, but I don't exercise as regularly as I'd like to either.

• same as jpad 🙂

• 1: Vegemite - that does not look very nice - it looks like mold.

2: I have noticed a big difference in my grip since cracking and no, i was never exceptionally weak. I think it is due to the tendons.

3. ABC - yeh there is an american one too - if you go on itunes you will see some of their programmes that you can buy - us British get ripped off by their stupid prices. Like £1.89 a tv episode which is like $3.60.

• Exactly jpad
    I could see an argument that a flexible crackers hand has less "grip strength" , however thats measured ??, but 4x??
    Non crackers would be able o crush skulls with 4x the grip

• MasterCracker, when you do the hand/headstands, how long do you stay inverted?

• wow i've never been able to do handstands!

• Yeh - i once ran and did a front flip - jeez that hurt when i landed.

• I do handstand or head stands for as long as feels right. Or until i fall. LoL.Maybe a couple of mins. doesn't always bring cracks but 1 is fun, 2 changes gravity on your spine 3 gets blood flowing + circulating. Headstand are easier than handstands. Great for building strength and balance.

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/481

Bod8 use a clear wall to practice head/hand stands.
    I had to for a few months before I could balance myself.

• interesting thanks mastercracker!

• ABC = the Australian Broadcasting Commission. It's a TV channel here in Aus.

Also, vegemite is great and I can't believe those of you who are so ignorant of other cultures and US-centric that you condemn a food before ever even tasting or experiencing it. There are culinary cultures apart from your own, you know.

• Firstly Percush - it is just a sandwich filling - people can have their own feelings about it from wherever they are in the world. Just because you eat a specific filling does not mean it is a culture.

Many countries are not centered around US food either and we are ignorant of other cultures. Just saying you don't like vegemite is like saying you don't like porsches because they have horrible backs etc.

I mean you don't have too eat every cheese to know that you really hate it.

• Blaze and bod8 are brits anyways
    I personally, as the American, have a huge pallet for cuisine of the world and am fascinated by the infinite possibilities of the easy access of ingredients from around the world and the fusion food they have created.
    indian, japanese, thai, spanish, italian, FRENCH, ethiopian, etc
    Percush you ever eat ethiopean?
    I highly recommend it if not, very vegetarian friendly also
    You usually use your hands , no utensils , if you want to keep it traditional that is.
    Percush how do you enjoy vegimite the most?
    On bread w margarine like your fellow aussie
    or do you have any other recommendations for it?

• MasterCracker i know who you really are 8O

You always know what to say, you have deep complex intricate knowledge on anatomy and other things. You can cool a situation down!

You are Superman!

(Batman sounded better and went with it but doesn't suit in general terms)

:lol:

• I love injera bread with some ethiopian split peas and vegetables.

• @Blaze:

MasterCracker i know who you really are 8O

You always know what to say, you have deep complex intricate knowledge on anatomy and other things. You can cool a situation down!

You are Superman!

(Batman sounded better and went with it but doesn't suit in general terms)

:lol:

lol