Lower back - technique suggestions?

• I need to crack my lower back (right side). Any suggestions as to best technique? Please?

• I recommend leaning your lower back (where you need to pop) against your kitchen counter and leaning back until it pops. To get your right side to pop you could also try sitting in a chair looking forward and twising your upper body to the left, keeping your legs still.

Good luck, and be careful!

• What I do is I lay on either my right or left side and place the
    palm of my hand on my lower back. Then I push down with
    my hand and turn over on to my stomach.

• Lie flat on your back, with your arms extended from your shoulders (think "T" shape). Take your right leg and roll over to the left, keeping your right arm down to the ground as much as possibleā€¦ Repeat in the other direction.

This usually gets 3-4 of the lower vertabrae to crack for me.

• I just discovered, If I lay flat on my stomach and bring my leg to my side and lift up, my lower back will crack. Try it on both sides

• It sounds like mine's about the same. Try lying down a couch on your side, facing towards the couch back. Then put the left hand on the small of the back pushing the midsection in firmly. You can also move the left leg back behind you, straightening it, so it further moves the spine. It can be done the other way too, just move so facing the other way, use the right hand to push on the back, and if using a leg, use the right one.

You can also stand with feet spread 2 feet apart or so, lift both elbows up slightly away in preparation, with 3 second delay or so to ready your body, then swivel the arms robot like around the side of the body that needs cracking.

• Hello.

In order to crack your lower-back (right side) I suggest that you:

• stand up straight,
    • place your right hand on your right lower-back and
    • quickly push forward (horizontally) while keeping the rest of the body straight, so that only the right side of your hip rotates.

You should get the desired popping sound and well-being following it.
    Note that it can be done anywhere, just like cracking your fingers šŸ˜‰.

• @ccrakker:

Lie flat on your back, with your arms extended from your shoulders (think "T" shape). Take your right leg and roll over to the left, keeping your right arm down to the ground as much as possibleā€¦ Repeat in the other direction.

This usually gets 3-4 of the lower vertabrae to crack for me.

I just want to rant and rave about how great this technique is - I got my first real back crack out of it. It's a great way to start the morning.

Though in addition to simply rolling your right leg over to the left (and vice versa), I'd also recommend grabbing your leg with your free arm and pulling it towards your chest as hard as you can without exerting yourself. It requires a little bit of flexibility, but I've gotten some incredibly satisfying cracks out of this.