Hip cracking

• I just stumbled on this site during a boring day of work. I can pretty much crack anything i can think of….neck, shoulders, fingers, knees, toes, you name it. i can even crack the joint where my leg and hip meet. it's very intense. it's easy to do when sitting on a twisty chair. just plant one leg on the floor and twist the rest of your body. Can anyone else do this? just wondering.

• My hips crack ALL the time. It is quite a good sensation, but sometimes it worries me because it's VERY loud 😉

• yeah when i do it it looks like i'm doing a funny dance. and i WILL NOT ride in a car if my hip needs to be cracked. i have to get out and crack it. i stand up and like do this wiggly thing with my body and it cracks. haha…

• I can crack my right hip but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else - it feels great at first but I think I may have done some permanent damage - I get long periods of low level pain in that hip now and find it difficult to lie flat comfortably.

PJ - are you sure you're cracking your hip and not your lower back? My hip was never very loud (compared to say, kunckles), more a dull thud.

• @dabhand:

I can crack my right hip but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else - it feels great at first but I think I may have done some permanent damage - I get long periods of low level pain in that hip now and find it difficult to lie flat comfortably.

PJ - are you sure you're cracking your hip and not your lower back? My hip was never very loud (compared to say, kunckles), more a dull thud.

That is why i would never crack my hip. Tried doing it how people explain it but it doesn't work but the potential damage you could be doing to yourself….and hips are so important.