Hello world…

• Well, hello, fellow joint crackers…

Very nice to see that somebody had the idea to create such a site/forum!
    On the other hand, I can't help noticing that the forum seems to have been, well, not so active lately...

Well anyways, I'm gonna try and contribute with everything I know.

As a short introduction, I'm definitely no recordman, in comparison to what I've seen other members state they can do... But still, I hope I can contribute to the site with my modest experience.

I've been cracking my fingers since childhood (I'm 33 yrs old now). The method I use is: place the thumb of the other hand above the knuckle (where the finger articulates to the palm of the hand), the index of the other hand under the "next" finger joint of the finger to be cracked, then GENTLY pull upwards with the above-mentioned index, until I get a very relieving crack. This works for both hands, several times per day.

A method to get a different finger crack would be, using my thumb to press the first joint of the other fingers, inward towards the palm. This works only occasionally, and strangely, only on my left hand. Maybe it has some connection to the fact that I've played guitar (right-handed) for quite a few years.

I occasionally get other cracks in my back, knees and toes.Some of them are tremendously relieving, some are annoying - but I guess I'll get to them in other subsequent posts... 🙂

• @CAT:

Well, hello, fellow joint crackers…

Very nice to see that somebody had the idea to create such a site/forum!
    On the other hand, I can't help noticing that the forum seems to have been, well, not so active lately...

Well anyways, I'm gonna try and contribute with everything I know.

As a short introduction, I'm definitely no recordman, in comparison to what I've seen other members state they can do... But still, I hope I can contribute to the site with my modest experience.

I've been cracking my fingers since childhood (I'm 33 yrs old now). The method I use is: place the thumb of the other hand above the knuckle (where the finger articulates to the palm of the hand), the index of the other hand under the "next" finger joint of the finger to be cracked, then GENTLY pull upwards with the above-mentioned index, until I get a very relieving crack. This works for both hands, several times per day.

A method to get a different finger crack would be, using my thumb to press the first joint of the other fingers, inward towards the palm. This works only occasionally, and strangely, only on my left hand. Maybe it has some connection to the fact that I've played guitar (right-handed) for quite a few years.

I occasionally get other cracks in my back, knees and toes.Some of them are tremendously relieving, some are annoying - but I guess I'll get to them in other subsequent posts... 🙂

Hi CAT and welcome to the forum!

I try to check this site regularly.

I can crack my neck, tell me more about your neck and back cracks please.

I'm also interested in your "annoying" cracks - I find that when my neck cracks involuntarily without me trying to crack eg. when I get up or sit down, it is incredibly annoying!

Looking forward to your reply