I want to stop cracking

• Hey guys 🙂

My name is Hannah, i'm 13 and i've been cracking for quite a few years now.
    I crack:
    Neck (barely at all)
    Shoulders
    Elbows (kinda)
    Knuckles (a lot)
    Back (a lot)
    Knees (sometimes)
    Ankles (a lot)
    Toes

So I absoloutely hate that I crack! My friends and family complain and tell me to stop and trust me I've tried but it is just sooooo hard to stop. Any tips to stop? Please helpppppp

• I've heard of people stopping before. Any suggestions?

• Hey Hannah

I click too (although i am on 3 weeks 2 days without!) my worst are my knuckles….

I picked up a few tips on this forumn a few years ago when i tried to stop before.. The best one i found was to put an elastic band around your wrist and ping it each time you feel the urge to click. I think this is a form of cognative behaviour therapy and i found it most useful to think of the clicking urge as a type of addition rather than as an annoying habbit.

This time round i have not clicked out of sheer will power. I find the first day isnt too bad, but weeks 2-7 are quite hard and stressful. Hands feel tight, uncomfortable and non mobile. I am yet to find out when it stops being uncomfortable...!!

I have also, in the past, made myself a plaster caste glove to put on and wear so that i physically couldnt click. This would have worked if the glove hadnt been SO cold to wear!

Anyway, all the best

Robyn x

http://www.topmarksplumbing.co.uk a friendly, reliable plumber based in Surrey UK.