Ever have pain instantly gone after a crack?

• Well today my back was hurting, after about an hour of mild pain it got more painfull so I tried cracking my back. After several crunches I get 1 big pop and then when i stand up straight the pain is no more and it never came back. :oops:

• Oh yes, all the time. That worries me since I have pain that lasts sometimes and can't crack the joint.

• @mrsir:

After several crunches I get 1 big pop and then when i stand up straight the pain is no more and it never came back. :oops:

Once when my amazing physical therapist cracked my back (I can't crack it myself), he told me that popping the back releases endorphins, which is why it feels so amazing. And since I have to rely on someone else for those particular cracks, it was so big and rare that I swear I really was on cloud nine for a few hours. But it made me think about the rest of the crazy cracks I do, and how great they feel. Like you mrsir, sometimes the crack relieves pain, so that's obviously pleasant. But sometimes I'm not in any pain when I pop, for example my fingers - but the cracks still feel amazing. I'm wondering if this is from a release of endorphins, just like a back crack? It seems unlikely that endorphin release would be exclusive to the back.

Might give some weight to those of us who feel we're literally addicted to cracking. A bunch of endorphins FLOODING our body - or just trickling - could get addictive.

• Definitely confirmed!

I often crack my fingers because of cramps & pains due to various activities - writing/typing a lot, other sorts of handiwork etc. Of course we're not talking about terrible pains, but there is a physical discomfort, not a psychological reason.

I crack my toes after walking long distances and/or wearing tight-fitting shoes that get them in cramped positions.

90% of my attempted back/spine cracks are purely in order to relieve back aches and pains. My back cracks are tiny, barely audible if you're not standing right next to me, but the relief from physical strain & pain is tremendous.

Occasionally, even a good neck crack might help in the case of a headache/migraine. I don't try to crack my neck often so… don't quote me on that... but, you get the picture...