Am I Dreaming?

• I cant belive this place actually exists! I just so happend to get into an arguement with a friend about popping joints. So i googled it and there it was, Jointcrackers.com. I always wanted know more about this obsession of popping every joint possible in my body. And throughout my life I continue to find more and more ways.

HANDS: 24 each. Counting 2nd and 3rd knuckle poping twice.
    (Also my right pinky can pop continuously without rest, oddly enough)

Wrists: Once each, twice occasionally.

Elbows: Twice each.

Neck and back: Numerous.

Chest and shoulders: Occasionally when stretching.

P***s: Once or twice daily, but only when e***t. (Obviously)

Knees: Once a piece.

Ankles: Another odd one. Both pop continuously like right pinky.

Toes: All usually but smaller ones stubburn at times. Also at times I can even pop the second knuckle of first three toes on each foot!

I'm really sorry if this was too long but as you can tell, Im pretty exited to find a place like this. I have tons of questions and this sounds like the place for me.

• Community Lead

@Melmaculent:

I cant belive this place actually exists! I just so happend to get into an arguement with a friend about popping joints. So i googled it and there it was, Jointcrackers.com.

I'm very happy to know that this site is slowing gaining popularity with the major search engines so it gets easier and easier for more and more crackers to find this place.

HANDS: 24 each. Counting 2nd and 3rd knuckle poping twice.
    (Also my right pinky can pop continuously without rest, oddly enough)

Wrists: Once each, twice occasionally.

Elbows: Twice each.

Neck and back: Numerous.

Chest and shoulders: Occasionally when stretching.

P***s: Once or twice daily, but only when e***t. (Obviously)

Knees: Once a piece.

Ankles: Another odd one. Both pop continuously like right pinky.

Toes: All usually but smaller ones stubburn at times. Also at times I can even pop the second knuckle of first three toes on each foot!

I'm impressed. I'm sure you have much to share!

I'm really sorry if this was too long but as you can tell, Im pretty exited to find a place like this. I have tons of questions and this sounds like the place for me.

Quite the contrary! There is little I enjoy more than long posts with juicy info on here! Shoot with the questions. Together we might find the answers you seek. 😎

• Wow! I can't believe this place exist, either. I've been cracking, popping and clicking for so long, but couldn't imagine there was an actual forum for others who do the same. In fact, I am having some difficulties sleeping tonight because I can't seem to pop my lower back and sternum, and thought I'd go online to look for some suggestions.

Where do I crack?

1. Sternum (not always successfully, but keep at it)
    2. Lower back (leftside)
    3. Big Toes (large joints, but no bunions; right foot most habitually: started after I fractured my foot about 25 years ago)
    4. Nose (clicking/popping)
    5. Little fingers only (finger cracking freaks me out a bit)

Sternum - aside from my most tried and true techniques – stretching my arms upward, thrusting my chest outward, 'hanging' from a door frame, crossing my arms and getting someone strong to lift me a bit, etc. -- I've developed an 'escalator technique': when I step onto an escalator going down, I let the first step go down one step from the top, as grip onto both sides of the railing. As I de-escalate, I pull my body up slightly, creating a 'dropping' technique that allows my body to stretch and usually pops my sternum and sometimes by lower back. My feet never leave the step. It feels wonderful. My favorite escalators are at Virgin record stores. Why? Because they tend to be narrower, providing just the right amount of space to keep more arms closer to my body and more fully distend my arms as my body drops (ever so slightly), and my sternum pops. Also -- especially since I don't have an escalator (yet) at home -- a good massage into tense muscles under my shoulder blades provide a good deal of relief and often allow me to easily keep popping my sternum for a few days afterwards.

Lower Back: a lot of tightening, twisting, contorting, pressure point massaging. I love deep tissue and shiatsu massage, and these usually provide relief. Ihave one of those portable seated massage pads for my back - upper, lower, fullback settings. Instead of placing it on a chair, I will sometimes place it on my bed, lay down on it, aligning correctly so as not to have it actually massaging my spine, but making certain it relieves muscle tightness, which makes it easier for me to crack my sternum and lower back. Even my toes seem to crack more easily.

Toes: when I am without shoes, I am constantly tightening and extending and flexing my right big toe to crack. I love a cold floor. I can crack pretty loudly. When laying or sitting, I tend to use the ball of my left foot and rub/push against the joint of my right toe until it cracks. Or, I just constantly de/flex my toes until they crack. Other techniques: lay on the floor or on my bed, with my feet facing the the wall, place my feet (with socks on) against the wall, then press or stretch my toes against the wall as if I was standing on my toes until the pressure releases and they crack. Last thing: gentle deep knee bends, raising the balls of my feet, so that I am 'standing' on the bend of my toes. Great stretching.

Nose: I tend to pressure point the tip of my nose and rub/twist around the cartilage until it pops. I don't do this often, and never in public or in the company of others as I belive to be rather unattractive. Feels great, but unappealing.

Little fingers: Not very often. But when I do, it is a simple snap, crackle, and pop.

• Not to start this place sounding like p**n, but how the h**l do you crack your p***s?

• I am also amazed that this forum exists. I saw an article today on MSNBC.com about strokes caused by chiropractors manipulating patients' necks and wondered if the same danger exists from self-manipulating the neck. When I searched for more information, I found this site. I have popped my neck and numerous other joints for years (not even sure when I actually started).
    I pop my neck several times a day, sometimes just by tilting my head back and forth. I pop every knuckle in my fingers constantly, usually without even realizing I'm doing it. Also, I pop my toes, elbows, wrists and back regularly. My ankles, knees, hips and shoulders will pop occasionally. I'd like to be able to pop my tailbone and sternum. A good friend of mine does it regularly and says it feels great.
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one annoying those around me with the noises I make with my joints! 🙂

• Wowwowweewa 8O