I'm very worried! PLEASE HELP!

• Okay so for as long as I can remember I've been a chronic cracker! I was in a car accident a few years back, damaging my neck and back.. So I know why I crack my neck and back… But since birth I've always cracked my knuckles, toes, and ankles. I was diagnosed with kohler's disease when i was a kid, and wore a leg brace and cast for a year around the age of 7. but ive been reading into it lately and i either no longer have it or was mis-diagnosed... because its symptoms are not what i'm having. what i'm experiencing is pain and stiffness in my ankles, feels like its coming from my ankles on the inner sides. also, my toes and knuckles/fingers will get real stiff and start to hurt if i dont crack them regularly. it used to be every now and again... but in the last couple years i've been having to do it as soon as i wake up like clockwork. and several times during the day. my questions are:

is this normal?
    does everyone deal with this?
    are you having similar symptoms?
    have you been diagnosed with something and it sounds like this?
    do i have kind of disease or disorder?
    if so, is it serious?
    any suggestions for relief besides cracking?

Thanks,
    Ashlie

I occasionally have this, where it feels like the pressure in my joints just builds up until I need to crack them. However, I don't get much pain, and the pain you are experiencing may be due to another illness or problem with your joints. i suggest going to see a doctor for help, but in the meantime keep cracking unless it brings you pain.
    Hope this helps

• @ashliesouchy:

Okay so for as long as I can remember I've been a chronic cracker! I was in a car accident a few years back, damaging my neck and back.. So I know why I crack my neck and back… But since birth I've always cracked my knuckles, toes, and ankles. I was diagnosed with kohler's disease when i was a kid, and wore a leg brace and cast for a year around the age of 7. but ive been reading into it lately and i either no longer have it or was mis-diagnosed... because its symptoms are not what i'm having. what i'm experiencing is pain and stiffness in my ankles, feels like its coming from my ankles on the inner sides. also, my toes and knuckles/fingers will get real stiff and start to hurt if i dont crack them regularly. it used to be every now and again... but in the last couple years i've been having to do it as soon as i wake up like clockwork. and several times during the day. my questions are:

is this normal?
    does everyone deal with this?
    are you having similar symptoms?
    have you been diagnosed with something and it sounds like this?
    do i have kind of disease or disorder?
    if so, is it serious?
    any suggestions for relief besides cracking?

Thanks,
    Ashlie

since i was punched in the neck i have had a messed up neck

• I'm gonna have to agree with crackman, I suggest going to the doc, you might be experiencing arthritis or something along those lines. My hubby suffers from pain in his joints, he has some kind of immunodeficiency disorder (IGA or something like that, don't really remember). Anyway, point he is generally in a lot of pain, although he's never really cracked a joint in his body but the main areas of pain for him are his fingers, wrists and ankles.

Get yourself checked, rather be safe than sorry.