Really weird crack, what is this?

• lately when i move my right leg a certain way, such as getting up from sitting or climbing into a couch/bed to lay down, i get the weirdest crack in my leg. it's in the front, opposite the calf (i don't know what the front side of the bottom leg is called) and about halfway between my knee and my ankle. that area, right in the middle, cracks! it's so weird! it's a pretty loud crack and it kind of feels good but i don't know what joint i'm possibly cracking because nothing bends there. how does this happen?

• @carpal:

lately when i move my right leg a certain way, such as getting up from sitting or climbing into a couch/bed to lay down, i get the weirdest crack in my leg. it's in the front, opposite the calf (i don't know what the front side of the bottom leg is called) and about halfway between my knee and my ankle. that area, right in the middle, cracks! it's so weird! it's a pretty loud crack and it kind of feels good but i don't know what joint i'm possibly cracking because nothing bends there. how does this happen?

Never had this I'm afraid!

• there is no joint there so it is coming from either below or above the shin area.

• @BigFire:

there is no joint there so it is coming from either below or above the shin area.

Agreeed.