Yoga causing neck cracking

• Hi
    I have recently started a yoga program to help with a bad back and I was performing the plough position where the legs go right over the head and onto the floor behind, but landed awkwardly and heavily and put alot of pressure on my neck. The result being that when I move my head from side to side there is a crackling scrapeing noise that sounds awful, there is no pain, but im just wondering if I might have damaged something. This sound is not the usual neck popping sound but a bit more disturbing. I'd be grateful if anyone could offer any advise as to what this could be, I have never had neck problems before and now in trying to fix my back I may have damaged something in my neck. thanks alot.

• I'm not sure what could have happened, but even if it doesn't hurt it might help to get it looked at.

• Go to a good chiro and let them feel around.

• @BigFire:

Go to a good chiro and let them feel around.

Is that your answer to everything??

• I know what is good for me.

You bleep like a sheep.

I do yoga and yes I do know what will help.

You sound very limited in your working out and knowledge.

• @BigFire:

I know what is good for me.

You bleep like a sheep.

I do yoga and yes I do know what will help.

You sound very limited in your working out and knowledge.

Yes I'd like to try yoga, does it reduce or increase the amount of cracks you can do?
    Because my aim is to stop my body cracking.

• Why do you try to control your body when there is no way you can accomplish that?

Worry about what you can control.

• @BigFire:

Why do you try to control your body when there is no way you can accomplish that?

Worry about what you can control.

Agreed, but at the same time you don't know how annoying it is to be going about your daily life happily, when suddenly POP.
    And the problem is its not always a complete crack, in fact usually it just feels like it really needs to crack then you have to crack it.

• nothing personal, but you have way too much time on your hands. Get busy and you will not really notice the little things as much.

• @BigFire:

nothing personal, but you have way too much time on your hands. Get busy and you will not really notice the little things as much.

Well sort of, but also if I'm busy I will notice more when it does click and get more upset…. whereas if i wallow in self pity all day at least i am expecting the crack.