Children cracking

• I taught my 8 year old daughter to crack her toes and fingers, now she does the fingers all the time. She also twists to crack her back and she goes off like a cross between firecrackers and a zipper unzipping. Most amazing sound I've ever heard, you can hear the joints all the way up her vertebrae from coccyx to neck - amazing.

Anyone heard any concerns with children cracking?

Thanks

• i guess some people may be against it.

can i ask, does your daughter do sports/gymnastics etc.

cos my back started clicking and i'm probably the laziest person in the world lol.
    though everyone says its because you're too flexible or something?

• My 11-year-old and 9-year-old do too. Their younger brother- 7- doesn't though.

• @Nathan1097:

My 11-year-old and 9-year-old do too. Their younger brother- 7- doesn't though.

do you think its good or bad to encourage kids to crack?

i mean, i never used to crack anyway until i got punched in the neck and my neck cartilage was knocked out of alignment

• I started around 9 and was always discouraged.
    Now, 15 years later I'm still doing fine 🙂

• @deeter:

I started around 9 and was always discouraged.
    Now, 15 years later I'm still doing fine 🙂

any long term damage? what do you crack and why?

• @dj100:

no I haven't had any damage… I used to crack pretty much all possible joints, but now its just occasional knuckles and back. I think my craving went down since getting involved in yoga.

• @deeter:

@dj100:

no I haven't had any damage… I used to crack pretty much all possible joints, but now its just occasional knuckles and back. I think my craving went down since getting involved in yoga.

i want to do yoga but i just have this image that its mostly old women - is this true?

• @dj100:

i want to do yoga but i just have this image that its mostly old women - is this true?

I guess you'll just have to find the right group! I joined one which is of mostly youths and they taught much more than just yoga… it's called 'art of living', see if it's there in your city. their uk website is yesplusuk.com

• @deeter:

@dj100:

I guess you'll just have to find the right group! I joined one which is of mostly youths and they taught much more than just yoga… it's called 'art of living', see if it's there in your city. their uk website is yesplusuk.com

wow thanks, i'll take a look

• @Sieveboy:

I taught my 8 year old daughter to crack her toes and fingers, now she does the fingers all the time. She also twists to crack her back and she goes off like a cross between firecrackers and a zipper unzipping. Most amazing sound I've ever heard, you can hear the joints all the way up her vertebrae from coccyx to neck - amazing.

Thanks

My father was cracking my knuckles at church as far back as I could remember. I've continued the cracking myself as I got older and still do to this day. I don't think I've had any side effects from it after almost 25 years.

• @conscentity:

@Sieveboy:

I taught my 8 year old daughter to crack her toes and fingers, now she does the fingers all the time. She also twists to crack her back and she goes off like a cross between firecrackers and a zipper unzipping. Most amazing sound I've ever heard, you can hear the joints all the way up her vertebrae from coccyx to neck - amazing.

Thanks

My father was cracking my knuckles at church as far back as I could remember. I've continued the cracking myself as I got older and still do to this day. I don't think I've had any side effects from it after almost 25 years.

why did he crack them at church?!

• @dj100:

@conscentity:

@Sieveboy:

Thanks

Because it was something to do to help pass the time during the sermons. 🙂 Church can be extremely boring.

• @conscentity:

@dj100:

@conscentity:

@Sieveboy:

Thanks

Because it was something to do to help pass the time during the sermons. 🙂 Church can be extremely boring.

lol i dont go to church so i wouldnt know 😛

• children cracking, ha ha i wouldn't advise it.You'ld probably get put on the s*x offenders list. I'ld stick to your own joints. :lol: