The sacrum.

• I'm not the most avid jointcracker, but when it comes to the sacrum, I'm completely addicted. For those of you who don't know, the sacrum is located at the very bottom tip of the spine.

I personally feel this deserves a thread because there isn't much mention of this wonderful joint on the forums. Maybe I am just an oddity, but I make no exaggeration when I say that a full sacrum pop is just as if not more enjoyable than an o****m.

The problem is, of all my joints, it's one of the very few I don't "know" how to pop. I would much appreciate for everyone to share in detail the method that they use to pop it, if you have one. If not, I encourage you to try figure it out, I don't think you'll be disappointed. :]

• I LOVE when my sacrum pops. It rarely needs it though. I sit in a chair with sturdy arms. Put your hands on the chair arms, directly beside your shoulders. Use your arms to lift your body, but try to relax and keep your lower body like a dead weight. If the sacrum needs to pop this will do it. Also if you lean your head down while you're at it you get a nice stretchy feeling on the top of your spine and it will usually pop there too.

• I've only done this twice. The last one was many years ago.
    I was sitting on a high metal stool for a while, and I was leaning the stool back on two legs. I felt this pressure build up at the base of my spine, then three LOUD pops. Each pop was about 1 second apart, and each one brought an immediate sense of relief.

I could never get it to pop again after that. šŸ˜¢

• yeah so i've been confused about this for a while
    I too have had an occasional Massive crack at the base of my spine
    I often wonder and think it is debatable weather it is
    the lowest lumbar vertebrae that is cracking
    or
    the sacroilliac joint

Does anyone know if you can actually crack/manipulate the sacroillac joint?
    Can a chiropractor?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacroiliac_joint

• That is my one of my favorite and most cracked spots.. I crack my Sacrum/sacruiliac<sp> 3 times a day or more.. a few ways.. easiest is .. I simply stand up.. and using my hands I push on it.. while pushing my stomach out and jutting my crotch forward LOUD AND SATISFYING! .. also when in the tub..I gently slide down.. and it usually does it nicely

• I think I am cracking the sacroilliac - here is my routineā€¦

Sit in chair for long duration
    Sit up straight and have as much direct downward pressure on your back.
    Cross you ankles, and use each foot to pull at the other foot. It gives me a delicious 3 cracks that feel that they are literally inside my a*s. It is wonderful. I can also do this standing up and it freaks people out - i just use each foot and pull them directly away from my body and it snaps - I usually tell people I use the force to crack joints, because I can do it without looking like I am moving at all

TO add a little to this - here is another added benefit - this may be against the terms of this web site, but when my wife and I are uh... enjoying each other... if I am sitting down and she brings me to that magical point, I get the sacroilliac crack right at the "moment" and it just adds immensely to the entire experience.

• @bricephillips:

I think I am cracking the sacroilliac - here is my routineā€¦

Cross you ankles, and use each foot to pull at the other foot. It gives me a delicious 3 cracks that feel that they are literally inside my a*s. It is wonderful. I can also do this standing up and it freaks people out - i just use each foot and pull them directly away from my body and it snaps - I usually tell people I use the force to crack joints, because I can do it without looking like I am moving at all

TO add a little to this - here is another added benefit - this may be against the terms of this web site, but when my wife and I are uh... enjoying each other... if I am sitting down and she brings me to that magical point, I get the sacroilliac crack right at the "moment" and it just adds immensely to the entire experience.

i still dont know what exact area this is.

• @bricephillips:

I think I am cracking the sacroilliac - here is my routineā€¦

i still dont know what exact area this is.

• THis joint is at the very base of the spine and is basically where the spine connects to the pelvis - hard to explain, but it is definitely a vertebral crack I am experiencing. THis is largely the most invigorating crack - it has a sound that comes from deep within my body - I cannot imagine how loud it would be were this joint not covered by a bunch of skin and were it not so deeply buried inside the middle of my body.

I am surprised that it doesn't cause pain - I fear it cracking the wrong way sometime and having ot go the chirporacotr, but I'll take my chances!

• lol bricephilips.
    please post more, i'm fed up of trying to keep this board going on my own haha

• I have cracked my sacrum for years now. But I think I have manage to crack it in the joint with the lowest lumbar on method 1, that is the most I've seen describe here, and with method 2 I almost sure I'm cracking the joints of the sacrum with the Iliac.

Method 1: Similarly to many of the read above: let my legs and lower back hang relaxed by supporting my body with my arms like in gymnastics' parallel bars. I do it sitting or standing. I use Low walls, better if low wall corners, 2 paralel chairs work, chair with arms, and alike.

Method 2 Some months ago, I discivered a crack down in the deep middle of my pelvis. Certainly, the sacrum. It was serendipitous, since now and then I strongly compress my buttocks for relaxation, as I got to like this from the sitting horse kung fu position. Now I do it for the crack compressing the gluteum trying to push them inside my crack and upwards for round full eye-wetting multiple crack . Indeed when fully achieved is a physical pleasure only second to o****m. However seems that is not a lond lasting crack, after just less than year I can only crack it "saving it" several days and even then the full one I get only sporadicly. Maybe is something about age. I read the sacrum fully stiffens after the mid 30s

• @SacrumCracker:

I have cracked my sacrum for years now. But I think I have manage to crack it in the joint with the lowest lumbar on method 1, that is the most I've seen describe here, and with method 2 I almost sure I'm cracking the joints of the sacrum with the Iliac.

Method 1: Similarly to many of the read above: let my legs and lower back hang relaxed by supporting my body with my arms like in gymnastics' parallel bars. I do it sitting or standing. I use Low walls, better if low wall corners, 2 paralel chairs work, chair with arms, and alike.

Method 2 Some months ago, I discivered a crack down in the deep middle of my pelvis. Certainly, the sacrum. It was serendipitous, since now and then I strongly compress my buttocks for relaxation, as I got to like this from the sitting horse kung fu position. Now I do it for the crack compressing the gluteum trying to push them inside my crack and upwards for round full eye-wetting multiple crack . Indeed when fully achieved is a physical pleasure only second to o****m. However seems that is not a lond lasting crack, after just less than year I can only crack it "saving it" several days and even then the full one I get only sporadicly. Maybe is something about age. I read the sacrum fully stiffens after the mid 30s

Interesting - do you ever get any pain from this joint?

• I actually crack my sacrum around 2-5 times a day, depending on if it needs it. I usually need to crack it every time I stand up after sitting for long periods of time, otherwise it feels like something is stuck there. What I do is when I stand, I stand feet together. Then with my pelvic and gluteal muscles I squeeze and push my hips forward and that usually cracks it. It feels so good.

• I used to crack that joint about twice a day during high school ( a year or so ago ) because the desks worked perfectly, but now that I'm graduated it only pops about once every other day or so. The way I did it in school was as follows: I would put my feet on the book rack beneath the desk in front of me, then slouch so my sacrum was balancing on the slight hill near the edge of my chair. After that it was as simple as relaxing, then pressing the outsides of my feet outward against the legs of the desk. It was occasionally difficult to accomplish because I wanted to be quiet about it as the chair amplifies the pop and explaining to a room of idiot high schoolers that not every pelvic noise is a fart is impossible.

• @Icrackmyselfup:

I actually crack my sacrum around 2-5 times a day, depending on if it needs it. I usually need to crack it every time I stand up after sitting for long periods of time, otherwise it feels like something is stuck there. What I do is when I stand, I stand feet together. Then with my pelvic and gluteal muscles I squeeze and push my hips forward and that usually cracks it. It feels so good.

Welcome to the forum!

• I am 14 years old, and lately have been feeling a lot of stiffness and soreness in my lower back/sacrum, but whenever I try to crack it nothing happens. I have tried most of the methods on this page and don't know what to do. Can anybody help me out? šŸ˜¢

• @MrSnazzyPanda:

I am 14 years old, and lately have been feeling a lot of stiffness and soreness in my lower back/sacrum, but whenever I try to crack it nothing happens. I have tried most of the methods on this page and don't know what to do. Can anybody help me out? šŸ˜¢

I'd visit a chiropractor. I spent months trying to crack my sacroiliac joint (I felt like there was constant pressure that needed to be released), and after messing around and contorting for hours a day, I ended up with a bulging disc and I essentially gave myself sciatica at only 30 years old. Definitely wish I'd just gone to a chiro to crack it out. They'll do something like you see in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=441mzvwWyI0&list=PLX_PXnZWQROh2H7qG_RuC9isf4xwQiVyU&index=1

The adjustment he does at 3:40 cracks the sacroiliac joint and puts it back into alignment. And it feels ahmazing.

• i lay on my back and cross my ankles then push out with both legs OR
    stand up and put both thumbs on the dimply things on my back then push forward A LOT squeezing all my but muscles haha
    im 17

• Thanks for all the great info. I must say Method Two posted by SacrumCracker is what I've been doing for twenty years. It helps so much. One thing I would add for me is that the clench of glutes must be with strong force for five or so seconds, sometimes standing or lying down on back or side body, using hand to push hip area. Thanks again to all who took time to post and help others and me find relief from pain.

• i do this one but crossing one foot over the other at the ankle and then squeezing my feet tightly together, which seems to push my hips forward and make it pop. seems to work better lying down. it's a rare one though and so satisfying for that reason.

• @neckcracker12 No, never