Neck: Underlying issue?

• So here's the story: my biggest problem with cracking is my neck… I feel pain if I don't pop it every so often and it starts hurting during Tae Kwon Do class to the point I almost want to stop. I pop my next, and I move on. However, every so often (6 months to a year) for the last 7 years at least... I will look to the left when walking etc. and I will feel a sharp pain and temporally lose my vision in my left eye. Two years ago this happened, except the pain was more powerful than before and I lost vision in both my eyes for about 3 minutes.

I was told that I am probably just pinching a nerve, but does this fit the description, and if so, what can I do about it? I am already seeing a chiropractor.

• hmm, i'm not too sure.
    i don't get the eye problem, but from what you've said, i think i get exactly the same thing when looking to the right (when i walk or sit).
    nice to know someone else has this problem!

• @bod8:

hmm, i'm not too sure.
    i don't get the eye problem, but from what you've said, i think i get exactly the same thing when looking to the right (when i walk or sit).
    nice to know someone else has this problem!

I'm afraid that when I start driving it may happen to me at some point when it would really matter, but last time I was switching classes and I almost collapsed in the middle of the hallway. So the only thing I lost was pride.

• Right - first, i would not go to the chiropractor, instead a physiotherapist.

With the restricted movement, it may be because you have damaged something as i know that a guy i know can't move his neck to the side as far anymore because he used to crack his neck.

I in the morning sometimes crack my neck and get headaches, lightheadedness, and can't see for a few seconds - blurry. I feel sick. Sometimes when i get up and move quickly i get the same feelings.

• @Blaze:

Right - first, i would not go to the chiropractor, instead a physiotherapist.

With the restricted movement, it may be because you have damaged something as i know that a guy i know can't move his neck to the side as far anymore because he used to crack his neck.

I in the morning sometimes crack my neck and get headaches, lightheadedness, and can't see for a few seconds - blurry. I feel sick. Sometimes when i get up and move quickly i get the same feelings.

8O
    the guy you know who can't move his neck to the side as much - scary :roll:
    how much less can he do it?

• Well he can't turn it to like look sideards 90 degree. Not too far.

• @Blaze:

Well he can't turn it to like look sideards 90 degree. Not too far.

interesting - i can hardly do that either on one side of my neck

• Maybe you have the same problem then.

• Duh!

• Locker is right.

• Non.

• D'accord - je crois maintenant.

• Changed your message here too.