Toe Cracking

• I've been cracking my 'middle' (but really the 2nd toe) of my right foot since I was in middle school probably. It's so addictive! People get pretty ticked off when I do it too much - I can pretty much crack it nonstop. I noticed the middle phalanges joint 'swollen' as compared to my left 2nd toe. Not sure if that's a good thing 😞 I think this all started from when I would push this toe against anything I could, out of habit, forcing the joint to buckle. I just started noticing that I could crack it after that. Curiously, I'm not exactly sure of when I started cracking it so much, but it has become super addictive! I can crack the toe every now and then without forcing it with my hands, but if I use my hands I can pretty much repeatedly crack it. It's weird…

I don't know about you guys but it seems like cracking my joints makes me relax and gets me really sleepy. Especially at work 😉 I read something about how endorphins are released each time you crack a joint as well.

• Endorphins i think or another thing similar to that is released which gives the satisfying feeling. I can crack all my toes, the smallest being the hardest and i can sometimes crack my second toe by pushing it against a pole at the end of my bed and it will as you say, "buckle".

I can't get the major crack repetitively but like like 5 times a day (maybe more but thats how many times i do it at max). Also the big toe only cracks like once but you can feel it forming for another crack.

When you crack your knuckles, some people can get 'fat knuckles' where the knuckles have gotten bigger. A member on here or maybe it was Jointcracker, said that basically you are giving your knuckles a work out and they get bigger.

Also with my fingers, i have given up since New Years day, i used to get the main cracks and then more subtle joints and other ones that i could do with no refractory period by manipulating my finger in different ways. These of course did not create as great a satisfaction.

So if you read through all this, maybe this well help you,

Regards,

Blaze 😉

• @Blaze:

Endorphins i think or another thing similar to that is released which gives the satisfying feeling. I can crack all my toes, the smallest being the hardest and i can sometimes crack my second toe by pushing it against a pole at the end of my bed and it will as you say, "buckle".

I can't get the major crack repetitively but like like 5 times a day (maybe more but thats how many times i do it at max). Also the big toe only cracks like once but you can feel it forming for another crack.

When you crack your knuckles, some people can get 'fat knuckles' where the knuckles have gotten bigger. A member on here or maybe it was Jointcracker, said that basically you are giving your knuckles a work out and they get bigger.

Also with my fingers, i have given up since New Years day, i used to get the main cracks and then more subtle joints and other ones that i could do with no refractory period by manipulating my finger in different ways. These of course did not create as great a satisfaction.

So if you read through all this, maybe this well help you,

Regards,

Blaze 😉

Interesting… yeah how you described cracking against the bed post is exactly what I was talking about - except the knuckles wouldn't really crack - they'd just buckle.
    Funny, if I look at the knuckle that I'm cracking, it seems like the skin has gotten thicker from all the contact of rubbing (almost callous-like but not quite). I'm wondering if that has more to do with knuckles getting bigger (i.e. if you're actually rubbing the skin while forcefully cracking the knuckle)

• I am sorry but i do not know what callous means.

Yeh it does kinda buckle but it cracks too.

• @Blaze:

I am sorry but i do not know what callous means.

Yeh it does kinda buckle but it cracks too.

Basically, it's just when your skin thickens and forms a 'hard' spot from constant rubbing, etc - actually, it's spelled "callus" - my mistake (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=callus&x=0&y=0)

• Ah right, sounds nasty.

Is it uncomfortable? or restrict any movement?

• If you go barefoot at all you'll develop callouses on the bottom of your feet. Also, the base of your hand callouses easily if you do much manual work like gardening. It's perfectly normal.

• Oh….the joys of work and old age :lol:

• wow i never knew clicking realeased endorphins? 😎
    that would make sense, i usually feel better afterwards…

• That is why it feels good.