Unlimited cracking?

• Hi everyone, new to the site and I find a lot of the posts really interesting and funny. Glad to see I'm not the only compulsive joint-cracker, it seems most people I know seldom crack anything and many find it gross. Too bad for them I love it and can't help myself πŸ˜„

Anyway my question is are there some of you who can crack a certain joint again and again and again without needing any or very little time between cracks? I can crack my toes especially the three middle ones, pretty much non stop. I don't even need to use my hands to crack them, I just flex them in a certain way and they crack, I can even crack 3 or 4 toes at once, and on both feet simultaneously. Then I can also use my hands to crack them in different directions. I used to also have this ability with my ankles but I stopped cracking them a while back. For my fingers, I need 10 or so minutes between cracks and about the same for my elbows. My neck I can crack 2 or 3 times a day.

I know this goes against the physical explanation for why joints can crack, so I was wondering if anyone else has this ability. It's getting to the point where I feel like I should be contacting guiness world records. πŸ˜›

• I used to be able to do that with my elbow. It felt like a regular crack like any other joint. The only difference being that it always worked. At some point it stopped, and I haven't had that ability in years

• I can crack my wrists without a refractory period and i think it is my shoulder as well but it is awkward to keep doing and i usually cbf to move my body to keep doing it at night after a day at school.

• Most of my joints crack several times a day and its been that way for years. Only the wrist I broke once continues making noise without stop or every time I rotate it. but it's not like the 'crack' my other joints make. So do you mean your knuckles just keep cracking?

• MasterCracker i know what you mean.

You get a big pleasurable crack and the other cracks are minor and don't cause much relief. You can just crack it by rotating your wrists and doing other things.

• I only have to wait about one minute before I can crack [most of] my knuckles and toes again. I suppose the more you do it to them, the quicker they replenish.

• Hmmm…. that is very strange.

• I can crack my knuckles just by making a fist on each hand and I can do it over and over. I can crack my wrists just by twisting and I can crack my ankles in the same manner pretty much over and over. I can crack my toes though not over and over like my hands. I can crack my neck though not every single time. I'm not sure why I can do this but it's weird.

• Yeh but they aren't the main big cracks i guess

• galifray ….thats so cool you can crack joints by just making fists. I'vee seen that before and not just Bruce Lee. I've been trying but I don't even feel close. Do you lift weights or do lots of pull ups or use your hands lots? Can any one else in your family do it? Cracking seems to 'run in the family'.

Over the last few years I started cracking my elbows by simply flexing my biceps. I make the classic arm curls like Hulk Hogan or something and when I contract my bicepps my elbows pop usually together. Its probably the only crack I get w NO movement or stretch just a flex of the bi's. It only works , for me, when my arms are in the curl positions. I now do this several times a day to my enjoyment.

keep crackin'

• I tried moving out my hip this evening at a party and i felt some pain so i don't think i cracked it lol :lol:

• They have joint cracking parties in Sweden?

• No it was a party - a friends

• @MasterCracker:

They have joint cracking parties in Sweden?

lol that would be funny πŸ˜„

• Not really.

• @crags:

Hi everyone, new to the site and I find a lot of the posts really interesting and funny. Glad to see I'm not the only compulsive joint-cracker, it seems most people I know seldom crack anything and many find it gross. Too bad for them I love it and can't help myself πŸ˜„

Anyway my question is are there some of you who can crack a certain joint again and again and again without needing any or very little time between cracks? I can crack my toes especially the three middle ones, pretty much non stop. I don't even need to use my hands to crack them, I just flex them in a certain way and they crack, I can even crack 3 or 4 toes at once, and on both feet simultaneously. Then I can also use my hands to crack them in different directions. I used to also have this ability with my ankles but I stopped cracking them a while back. For my fingers, I need 10 or so minutes between cracks and about the same for my elbows. My neck I can crack 2 or 3 times a day.

I know this goes against the physical explanation for why joints can crack, so I was wondering if anyone else has this ability. It's getting to the point where I feel like I should be contacting guiness world records. πŸ˜›

No I don't think you're the only one! πŸ˜„

• Yeh you probably aren't.

• there's probably quite a lot more that just haven't stumbled upon this forum - hey, i think i'll create a thread about that…

• Lol yep

• Hey everybody! I know I'm really late but I also have the ability of "unlimited cracking" withing my knuckles, wrists, and ankles. This is not something that I believe can be obtained through practice unfortunately. I've been doing this since I could remember. I crack my wrists and ankles by simply rotating them and my knuckles by going a little deeper than a normal fist. Doing this is decently loud and does not cause pain or damage. @MasterCracker This is not hereditary; no-one else in my family can do this. I'm grateful I have this cool party trick ability because it seems rather uncommon. I would love to know the reason of this and the rarity. It would also be interesting to find someone else like me and compare loudness of the cracking. Well that was my addition to this forum. Happy cracking everyone!