Sternum cracks without even trying

• :? I'M A LITTLE BIT CONCERNED; OKAY, REALLY MORE THAN A BIT; ENOUGH TO JOIN THIS FORUM OF JOINT CRACKERS. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY, BUT, MY STERNUM CRACKS! IF I FOLD MY ARMS TOO LONG OR STRETCH IN THE MORNING, MY CHEST POPS! IT'S CRAZY- I AM NOT EVEN A CRACKER/POPPER! I WILL ADMIT THOUGH… IT DOES FEEL GOOD WHEN IT POPS... :oops: SO..... IS THIS NORMAL????

• :idea: From what I know, there aren't any joints surrounded by a synovial [?] membrane in the sternum itself. You are probably cracking the joint connecting the clavicle to the sternum. I could be wrong, beause one time I thought I did feel a crack right in the centre of my sternum, but I think that it only felt that way. Clavicle cracking is tough, though.

• Maybe yu have stretched that area a lot?

• Hey, I get this too. I think it's related to my back problem mostly, when I straighten my back I get a crack in my chest and opposite it in my spine.

• Is it due to your hypermobility though?

• wow, i'm not alone!

this is the reason i came on this too… most of my joints crack - most of them involuntarily! - but my sternum has recently started cracking.. and it's a little painful afterwards. weird.

i'm sure it's not entirely normal... hah.

• @MidgetWithAHat:

wow, i'm not alone!

this is the reason i came on this too… most of my joints crack - most of them involuntarily! - but my sternum has recently started cracking.. and it's a little painful afterwards. weird.

i'm sure it's not entirely normal... hah.

does your neck crack involuntarily? thats what sometimes annoys me lol