Massive knuckle cracking over long periods of time

• I know someone who cracks their knuckles like every 10 minutes with out failure. She cracks fiercely too. I have noticed over time, her knuckles sound different now when she cracks them, almost like something is coming loose. I have read here and many other places that it doesn't cause any negative effects. She doesn't seem worried about it, but I was wondering why the crack has changed sound and sounds worse and worse over time.

• I can do the same thing… sometimes, believe it or not, more frequently than 10 min without fail... Unfortunately in my opinion it's not very good for you, I have very weak hands, that get very very sore and cramped to the point where I cant do much sometimes... I would not be shocked to learn that the hard core continuous cracking some of us do is leading to or has already led to arthritis...

• One of the reasons why i stopped cracking my fingers was because of the possible damage i might be doing to myself. And i think that she probably is, tell her to put less pressure when doing it or even just to stop cracking.

• @Knowledge_Hungry:

I know someone who cracks their knuckles like every 10 minutes with out failure. She cracks fiercely too. I have noticed over time, her knuckles sound different now when she cracks them, almost like something is coming loose. I have read here and many other places that it doesn't cause any negative effects. She doesn't seem worried about it, but I was wondering why the crack has changed sound and sounds worse and worse over time.

sounds a bit dangerous, maybe see your doctor?

• Yeh i think the same.