Does anyone think or 'obsess' about neck cracking?

• hi everyone,

does anyone else constantly think about cracking their neck?

i really enjoy the sensation of my neck popping and thus think about it way too much! in fact sometimes i find myself constantly stretching my neck hoping it will pop… fully knowing that it will not as it is not stiff enough.

does anyone else get agitated by a particular joint which they 'need' to crack and maybe obsess about?

• Hi, Poptastic,

Great question. I think about popping my neck when I am at work All. The. Time. Luckily, I have my own office so I can get away with popping whenever I want to. When I'm at home, I don't care so much about the neck but I move on to thinking about the back–and I'll pester my boyfriend from the minute we get home until he cracks my back. It doesn't even feel that great or wonderful afterwards--it is just that anticipation!

• Me too. Whenever my neck feels tense I will invariably try to stretch or crack it. Sometimes stretching is sufficient, particularly for the middle neck vertebrae, but nowadays most of the time I need to cup my chin with one hand, grab the hair on the back of my head with the other and twist my head around both directions to get the very top of my neck (it feels like the joint between neck and skull) to crack. This is the area of my neck that gets the most tense and must be cracked most frequently.

• Absolutely. I will try to do it to wake myself up sometimes if I am bored, am sitting still too long usually. One time I did it in class and I thought I pinched a nerve and it triggered a panic attack. I got to the hospital and the doc was going to see me and x-ray my neck. Suddenly I cracked my neck and I was instantly out of the panic attack. It was bizarre. When I get anxious, I'll think about cracking my neck and feel better.

• @poptastic:

does anyone else get agitated by a particular joint which they 'need' to crack and maybe obsess about?

The only joints I get agitated by and need to crack sometimes are my knees and ankles. I think it's because I feel the most relief from cracking those particular joints.

• Interestingly, a few years ago I was body surfing at the beach and got flipped over and slammed into the sand face first as my body flipped over. I thought for sure I had broken my neck, but as I got up and was able to move all my extremities, I took a sigh of relief and walked away.

Ever since then, I have been able to crack my neck right at the base of the skull and sometimes it is the most intense (and even occasionally one of the more satisfying) "joints" to crack.

• I crack my neck upon wakening in the morning - usally the right side of my neck and it really pops - usually 4-5. i then try to crack my neck 4-5 during the day

• People:

Which sections of your neck crack (upper, middle, lower). How do you go about activating these cracks and which feels the best when cracked?

P.

• @Patudo:

People:

Which sections of your neck crack (upper, middle, lower). How do you go about activating these cracks and which feels the best when cracked?

P.

I can crack almost all parts of my neck. I usally relax my neck and then puse my right hand to the top part of my head and push left. Then reverse for the other side.

I also put my hand on my chin and push it back in a steady twist.

• ever since i discovered how to crack my neck i try to do it constantly. i`m also very obsessed with cracking my ears. i like hearing the cracking noise.

• I feel I need to crack my toes on daily basis and I really enjoy cracking my boyfriend's toes. I only started a few weeks ago but now it is becoming an obsession! The release and vibration of the crack make me feel invigorated and it's like a stress release.

right on crackadelic, I like to do that as well and sometimes I lay down on my back place my hands behind my head and jolt my head backwards and it gives my upper back almighty cracks, and the great thing is you never know which part of my back it going to crack, I like to crack and pray! ahaha what a relief, I even do it at work when nobody is looking and when I have finished I quickley jump up so nobody see me it makes me feel a little guilty like I have done something naughty…

Crack moy back :roll: