Other symptoms

• Community Lead

What other symptoms do you have which seem unrelated to Jointcracktitis?
    Maybe they are not so unrelated after all.

• If I dont crack them my fingers, elbows feel numb. I also find myself enjoying just applying pressure to a joint even though the pressure doesnt reault in a crack. Also it seems like a number of people (like myself) enjoy and can get a habit of cracking other peoples joints.

• Community Lead

Yes, it definitely already relieves some joint cracking desire if you merely pressure or move the joint a little bit without actually cracking it.

When I really don't want to crack out loud but need to relieve at least a little bit pressure it's that technique I use.

• Applying pressure and other people's joints.

I did it to my friend when he and he went crazy. he then wanted to crack his fingers but one day his dad clicked it by mistake and it must have done something - i dont know maybe you know - but he didn't want to crack

• However applying pressure just aggrovates the need to crack and i succumb to it.

• I feel like there is air in my toes so I'm wanting to stop that feeling. I love cracking my toes.

• @Hazkui:

I feel like there is air in my toes so I'm wanting to stop that feeling. I love cracking my toes.

yeah i get exactly that in my big toes, i think it's CO2.

• I just feel a looseness afterwards.

• As noted elsewhere in the forum, my father and at least two brothers and at least 2 neices also crack, but to a lesser degree than me. None of them share any of my listed symptoms. In chronological order:

Premature birth (6 weeks, considered extreme in 1962)
    Pneumonia (stopped after age 6 or so)
    Bronchitis (stopped after age 6 or so). Got ear tubes in at 6, out at 10.
    Hyperactivity. Took amphetemines from ages 8 to 14. Shorter than
    my brothers as a result.
    Allergies to dust, fur, feathers, shrimp, peanuts, soy. I
    don't avoid any of these. I have chronic sinus drip to my stomach.
    Skin fungal infections (ages 16 to 24).
    Prostate infections (ages 18 to 24). Stopped when I gave up beer.
    Kidney stones (ages 40 and 43). Flared up when trying high-protein
    diet to lose weight.
    Lots of intestinal gas, but this is probably due to enjoying lots of fruit
    and vegetables (along with everything else).
    Overweight (gaining about 1.5 lbs per year since age 22)

I'm actually pretty happy. I rarely take medication for anything, just ibuprofen for pain after excercise. The cracking doesn't bother me, but I don't like the idea of paralysis or stroke due to neck cracking, so I try to keep up with the research every so often to see if anyone has any bright ideas. Of course, others are bothered so that is (slight) incentive to stop if a cure could be found for the stiffness and lack of mobility.

• @NOEngineer:

As noted elsewhere in the forum, my father and at least two brothers and at least 2 neices also crack, but to a lesser degree than me. None of them share any of my listed symptoms. In chronological order:

Premature birth (6 weeks, considered extreme in 1962)
    Pneumonia (stopped after age 6 or so)
    Bronchitis (stopped after age 6 or so). Got ear tubes in at 6, out at 10.
    Hyperactivity. Took amphetemines from ages 8 to 14. Shorter than
    my brothers as a result.
    Allergies to dust, fur, feathers, shrimp, peanuts, soy. I
    don't avoid any of these. I have chronic sinus drip to my stomach.
    Skin fungal infections (ages 16 to 24).
    Prostate infections (ages 18 to 24). Stopped when I gave up beer.
    Kidney stones (ages 40 and 43). Flared up when trying high-protein
    diet to lose weight.
    Lots of intestinal gas, but this is probably due to enjoying lots of fruit
    and vegetables (along with everything else).
    Overweight (gaining about 1.5 lbs per year since age 22)

I'm actually pretty happy. I rarely take medication for anything, just ibuprofen for pain after excercise. The cracking doesn't bother me, but I don't like the idea of paralysis or stroke due to neck cracking, so I try to keep up with the research every so often to see if anyone has any bright ideas. Of course, others are bothered so that is (slight) incentive to stop if a cure could be found for the stiffness and lack of mobility.

so what point are you arguing here?