Joint Cracking Database

• I know this site is a forum, but it would be cool if there was a joint cracking database where people can describe their techniques for cracking a specific joint. What do you think?

• Community Lead

conscentity, welcome and thank you for your suggestion. 🙂

I'm always open to new ideas! But I'm unsure how exactly this should work? Could you elaborate? Do you have any 'role model' website in mind?

You do know at the heart of it, everything here is actually stored in a database, right? 😎

The forum is just an easy means to fill it and to display its content. Usability is everything.

A pure database with no easily usable graphical frontend would have a couple of pretty big disadvantages:

• hard to use, few people would understand it
    • cannot be properly indexed by web spiders, thus even fewer people will find us
    • hard to read, fewer people would find this useful except the real "pros"

Currently the sub forum "joint cracking" is meant to carry joint popping techniques. Initially, I envisioned per joint one single discussion thread with technique discussion beneath it. One for the knuckles, one for the neck, etc. …But then again a more lively forum like it is now, is more fun!

As announced on the front page, I do already have future plans to migrate this website as a whole to a new modern CMS with better options. The current one was just meant to get us started.

Maybe a kinda "wiki" like section might come in handy in this future site iteration? There we could have an orderly page for every single joint and everyone could edit this to perfection until it included the best tips.

Would this meet what you had in mind?

It is also planed to improve the on site search to find the relevant comments quicker.

Unfortunately, so far I have been too busy to work on this conversion project but in due time I will. The improvement of this site is very important to me! Right now I don't even have enough time to participate in all the great new posts! 😞

• @JointCracker:

Currently the sub forum "joint cracking" is meant to carry joint popping techniques. Initially, I envisioned per joint one single discussion thread with technique discussion beneath it. One for the knuckles, one for the neck, etc. …But then again a more lively forum like it is now, is more fun!

That's more of what I was thinking. Just something where someone could click on a specific joint and there would be different contributions on cracking that joint submitted by different users. I think your wiki idea sounds like a great idea. Who knows what could be created with that concept.

Thanks for listening.

• dunno