Body cracking….

• First of all, hello to everyone on the board 🙂

I started cracking joints when I was younger 12/13/14 or there abouts, it started with the knuckles and knees but has quickly spread to different parts of my body including my lower/upper back and my neck(these three are what I'm really worried about).

My spine is now a lot more arced and 'sticks out' a lot more and I often get lower back pain usually resulting in me cracking it. Likewise my neck seems to be 'sticking out' more and can become very tense at times. I tend to crack my back by either leaning back over a chair or twisting to each side, and my neck by either twisting it sidewards with my hand or pulling my head downwards.

So what I want to ask is, has anyone encountered these symptoms before and have you got any tips on how to stop cracking?

Thanks for your time.

• i have a similair thing going on although im not sure its a direct result of the cracking…

• @toaster:

First of all, hello to everyone on the board 🙂

I started cracking joints when I was younger 12/13/14 or there abouts, it started with the knuckles and knees but has quickly spread to different parts of my body including my lower/upper back and my neck(these three are what I'm really worried about).

My spine is now a lot more arced and 'sticks out' a lot more and I often get lower back pain usually resulting in me cracking it. Likewise my neck seems to be 'sticking out' more and can become very tense at times. I tend to crack my back by either leaning back over a chair or twisting to each side, and my neck by either twisting it sidewards with my hand or pulling my head downwards.

So what I want to ask is, has anyone encountered these symptoms before and have you got any tips on how to stop cracking?

Thanks for your time.

I've heard different things about it…. with regard to your back, hey I think jsut about everyone loves to crack their back, but cracking your neck is nothing but bad news according to things I've read about it. It cracks naturally sometimes but habitually cracking your neck might do some damage ( but look it up just in case I'm wrong)

• Hello all,
    I have cracked my neck and other parts for the past 20years since I was 8 or so. A bad habbit I learned from my mom.

Question. I was a healthy boy as far as that goes, now My joints always hurt and my neck seems really bad, I have trouble with light and always feel tired. very stiff in the morning.
    Also if I were to turn upside down I can feel my head leave my body a bit, and have bad blood circulation my head fills with blood like im about to the point of almost passing out.

Doctors dont seem to know anything. This is normal, not all doctors know everything. but will still say you are fine, because they don't know. I told a doctor once about cracking my neck and he did not understand what that meant.

Message. I belive there are problems that can come from cracking and grinding ones joints. Its just not a big enough problem for doctors to know about. Joints I have cracked toes, outer foot, ankle grinding, knee forward crack, lower back twist, fingers-fingers are crooked now. elbow a recent addition-picture putting your hands together to crack them, and neck.
    I learned a new neck move. Its pushing your head back and up from your chin, while you fight it with your head.
    I snap my cats necks too. I note it get stronger the more you do it.

I did this to myself, I hope I can recover.

Sure my neck only cracks a few times a day now, but I am always streching it hourly to try to releave pain or irritation.

hope this helps.
    Let me know your story.

• hi!

my elbows crack
    as do my knees
    ankles
    wrists
    fingers (not thumb)
    shoulder blades (ALOT)
    neck
    spine (when pushed)
    hips

basically all my joints
    but seemingly all on their own

and its only started recently
    (im 15 btw)
    since I got a shoulder injury that i need physiotherapy for

but that shouldn't affect everything else right?

and i cant seem to do anything about it
    so i guess ill have to live with it :roll: