Cooperative medicine

• Community Lead

The term "cooperative medicine" was coined by the Mayo clinic

Cooperative medicine

Mayo Clinic is based on the idea of "cooperative medicine"; teams of experts combine their skills and experience to help solve people's medical problems. In simple terms, Mayo believes that two heads are better than one, and five are even better.

Once, I did such a whole system check including all the "usual" tests like x-ray, blood, urine, ultrasonic and psychological tests.

Unfortunately, I didn't do this test at the Mayo clinic itself but at a more local institution claiming to work in a similar fashion.

Next to the expected slight joint hyper-mobility, I was diagnosed as having a psychosomatic sickness. This is the usual reply when the sum of doctors does not find anything physically wrong with you. :roll:

At that time I wasn't happy with that diagnosis at all. However, by now I believe there might be at least some truth to it.

Right now the best way for successful diagnosis seems to be a broad test like this. This makes sense because we don't yet fully understand what to look for. Unfortunately, all broad tests share a lack of depth. The precise diagnosis probably requires a look much too deep to be within the scope of a broad test.

• the more the merrier i guess!

• @JointCracker:

The term "cooperative medicine" was coined by the Mayo clinic

Cooperative medicine

Mayo Clinic is based on the idea of "cooperative medicine"; teams of experts combine their skills and experience to help solve people's medical problems. In simple terms, Mayo believes that two heads are better than one, and five are even better.

Once, I did such a whole system check including all the "usual" tests like x-ray, blood, urine, ultrasonic and psychological tests.

Unfortunately, I didn't do this test at the Mayo clinic itself but at a more local institution claiming to work in a similar fashion.

Next to the expected slight joint hyper-mobility, I was diagnosed as having a psychosomatic sickness. This is the usual reply when the sum of doctors does not find anything physically wrong with you. :roll:

At that time I wasn't happy with that diagnosis at all. However, by now I believe there might be at least some truth to it.

Right now the best way for successful diagnosis seems to be a broad test like this. This makes sense because we don't yet fully understand what to look for. Unfortunately, all broad tests share a lack of depth. The precise diagnosis probably requires a look much too deep to be within the scope of a broad test.

Which means there needs to be more definitive and accurate tests. However this isn't going to happen soon as people don't think it is an issue.